what type of oil do you use

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Jcs Lawn and Landscape, Jun 23, 2005.

1. Jcs Lawn and Landscape

Jcs Lawn and Landscape LawnSite Member

what is the best brand of sae 30 oil for kawasaki motors

2. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

if it is a new kawi. the oil has an extension on the warranty if you use kawasaki branded

3. Jcs Lawn and Landscape

Jcs Lawn and Landscape LawnSite Member

its a 2002 there was only a 2 year warranty

4. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

All my kawi motors run on Shell Rotella 15w-40.

5. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

I thought Kawasaki's used strait 30 wt? or at least some of them. Anyway I wonder what percentage of commercial mowers now use Kawasaki's. I hear Honda is a good engine but parts are hard to come by so they never got into the commercial market like Kawasaki did. Kohler seems to have the largest market share and I'm wondering if it's not price and easy access to parts that keeps them on top. Getting off subject but everyone that owns a Kawasaki seem to like them but most mowers still use Kohler.

6. griffy77

griffy77 LawnSite Member

I will usually use a generic oil like penzoil, on a brand new engine to help create a good seal then after the first 8 hours of use I dump the oil and change filter then after that I use only Mobil 1 synthetic. Its much cleaner and helps the expand the life of the engine.

7. MTR

MTR LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

Amsoil Turbo Formulated 10-30 fully synthetic on both 12.5 & 17 v twin kawi, they turn monsters, cutting tall grass like butter without getting bogged down like when I use simple sae 30.
    I think either Amsoil or Mobil one, these two probably the best oil in the world, but I go with Amsoil cause they were proven in the Army since Vietnam.

8. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Penzoil 10w30. I've been running Kawasaki engines since 1997 and I have had no oil related issues.

9. JOEWOOD

JOEWOOD LawnSite Member

[​IMG]

In my Kawi 23 I use Penzoil 10W 30.

In my 17 I use 15W 40.

Joe... :dizzy:

10. ztoro

ztoro LawnSite Senior Member

For cooking I like to use a extra virgin olive oil.. for the Z I like Penzoil 10w30