What Type of Plant Flower is this?

Discussion in 'Water Features' started by bbrown9506, Aug 9, 2005.

1. bbrown9506

bbrown9506 LawnSite Member
    from LA, CA

growing in my backyard and I dont have any idea what it is! is has grown to about 8 ft high on the fence by 10ft wide! I feel it grows a foot a day! lol

2. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

I will try to find your flower in my books..In the mean time..86 the bullfrogs,they eat all native species,they eat all
    pond life that they can,they are a pest species and cause environmental devistation of all other frogs,they endanger
    native frog and toad survival,scientists worry they will make
    all native frogs and toads extinct..Get rid of them they are bad bad all the way around!
  3. easycareacres

easycareacres LawnSite Senior Member

wow that is a lovely flower pic i must say. How does one rid off toads ? just pests here make good golf club tee's
  4. ProMo

ProMo LawnSite Bronze Member

passion flower
  5. buffalo bill

buffalo bill LawnSite Member

6. Lawn Sharks

Lawn Sharks LawnSite Senior Member

It is passionflower vine which is very aggressive. I had one go up a ten foot fence into an orange tree and down a shrub for a total of about 80 feet in half a summer. From the backyard to the front all the way to the street.
  7. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

your question is answered beat me too it Passion flower dont know if poisonious or not just do a search on "List of Poisonous Plants"and you will get your info.
  8. irrigationsup

irrigationsup LawnSite Member

type in search engine "passiflora amethystina" it will take you to site that has the info on that perticular plant