What type of pruner do I need for tall trees.

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by kebrowns, Apr 20, 2013.

1. kebrowns

kebrowns LawnSite Member

I have an account and it has two large trees that are about 20 feet high and is pruned in a circular fashion all the way around. What can I use to prune around such a high tree.

2. Jaybrown

Jaybrown LawnSite Bronze Member

I use the Stihl combi. Hedge angle trimmer with extensions and the pole pruner chain saw is awesome

3. kebrowns

kebrowns LawnSite Member

I thought of those but might not be high enough. These trees are at least over 20 feet high with branches at least a radius of 15 feet branches.

4. bp lawn

bp lawn LawnSite Member

Ladder or man lift. Pole saw is not going to give a manicure look.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. ryan41

ryan41 LawnSite Senior Member

Climb the tree.. Ladders and chainsaws do not mix!

6. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

Tell your customer to quit being an idiot and paying someone to prune a tree like a shaped hedge.

It's amazing how some trees, that mature at 20 feet, tend to keep a nice natural shape.

7. kebrowns

kebrowns LawnSite Member

I thought a man lift would be the ideal solution. But can imagine that's another expensive endeavor. Not sure on how safe an a frame ladder and the extension would be but sounds like a cheaper solution.

8. Jaybrown

Jaybrown LawnSite Bronze Member

The combo will go that high. You just need the extensions Or a step ladder. I've done that many times.

9. CowboysLawnCareDelaware

CowboysLawnCareDelaware LawnSite Senior Member
    from DE

To trim a 20' into the shape they want wouldn't be cheap in the first place, if they thought it would be cheap or if you told them it was cheap; then that is where the mistake was made.

Michael

10. 32vld

32vld LawnSite Gold Member

The job has to be priced to cover whatever equipment you need to buy and or rent to do the job safely.