1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

what type of sprayer rig do you use ??

Discussion in 'Seal Coating Forum' started by masterofdisaster, Dec 31, 2011.

1. masterofdisaster

masterofdisaster LawnSite Member

this is just a small consensus of the type of equipment you use for spraying..

such as seal-rite, sealmaster, asphalt sealing direct, marathon etc,

and how satisfied you are with your equipment...thanks for your reply.

am really torn between equipt (expensive) and seal-rite..

we are starting a new business this spring..and was looking for a little info
    besides what dealers will tell you...

thanks Brian
  2. Mdirrigation

Mdirrigation LawnSite Silver Member

Buy cheap , get cheap ,buy a good mechanical adjitated with an air diaphram pump you will have the machine for years
  3. Jack Kramer

Jack Kramer LawnSite Member

Feel free to call me if you want to discuss the different brands. I would stay away from asphalt sealing direct as I don't think they have agitation.
  4. sealcutter

sealcutter LawnSite Senior Member
    from PA.

I agree, you can find alot of used equipment out there, no need to buy new.
  5. AffordableSealcoatingLLC

AffordableSealcoatingLLC LawnSite Member

I use a 550 Seal Rite unit. And I love it works great and no problems. You can find something used. pm me I have a couple of leeds on used equipment for you

CROCODILE LawnSite Member

I use a 300 gallon hydraulically driven agitated tank with a 1.5 inch diaphragm pump. Used a asphalt kingdom 300 gallon with a trash pump my first year in business.....$2200.00(junk)... no comparsion in my opinion. Product should be properly mixed and you cannot do this recirculating with a trash pump. Take it from personal experince. If you desire to provide a professional service, you got to use the right equipment for the job. I know all about being on a budget starting out in business. Look around for something used. You are a heck of alot better off.
  7. Mdirrigation

Mdirrigation LawnSite Silver Member

Image has alot to do with sealcoating , a 275 gallon tote and trash pump in the back of a pick up or on a trailer looks cheasy as hell. A professonally made rig , looks professional , it in itself will get you business . My 550 rig was built in 1996 and it is still going strong . I have done repairs and modifications over the years but it has served me extreemely well. Its paid for itself many times over
  8. sealcoatindy

sealcoatindy LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

I built my 300 gallon rig it is agitated and runs a 1.5 inch wilden pump has a 50 gallon melter and room room for ma10 and billy goat blower. It is very handy. I bought a used neal 550 and it also works great for the bigger lots/ drives. I am bored as can be this winter if your interested I could build you a custom unit just give me a call.
  9. viper881

viper881 LawnSite Member

Would you be able to put some pics of your unit that you built/ ones you hve built in the past. I might be interested in giving you a winter project.
  10. sealcoatindy

sealcoatindy LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

Sure I can text them easier give me a call tomorrow 317-508-8565