What type of sulky for me?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by RyanA97, Mar 19, 2013.

1. RyanA97

RyanA97 LawnSite Member

I have a 2000 32 inch toro proline and I'm considering a sulky. I have about 5 or 6 accounts to mow
    Ranging from 1/8-1/4 acres. One is on a large hill. I'm wondering what kind of sulky to get , one or two wheel or if I need one at all. Also, what brands can you recommend I'll probably be looking at eBay. Since I'm 15 and don't have transportation, I'll be driving my mower to neighborhood accounts. What can you recommend for me? Thanks!
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. rockymtnnut

rockymtnnut LawnSite Senior Member

Velkey 2 wheel when you bak up it will track backwards its a time saver about 300$ but its so worth it .
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. TriCountyLawn

TriCountyLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

1/8 to 1/4 acre properties? Walk em bro.

Edit- I see you will be driving the mower place to place. That said I have a full season on a bullrider and couldn't ask any more or less from it. I think the other similar ones on e-bay would do the trick as well.

4. sehitchman

sehitchman LawnSite Senior Member

On a 32 he will have clearance issues with a 2 wheel and turning.

5. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

i also second the velkie x2

6. RyanA97

RyanA97 LawnSite Member

Any opinions on a single wheel?
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah, you will get an ugly stripe right up the middle of your pass, if that matters to you.

8. RyanA97

RyanA97 LawnSite Member

Ok thanks ill probably get a two wheel. Any brands? Also will I have clearance issues on turns?
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. wahlturfcare

wahlturfcare LawnSite Senior Member
    from iowa

I would go with a proslide. they are alot more comfortable on your knees and stuff id you have a rough yard to mow. Plus, you dont have to deal with hidden holes that catch your sulky wheels.