What Type Of Trimmer Cord Do You Use

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by LBOperator, Jun 23, 2013.

?

What Cord Do You Use

1. Regular Round

8 vote(s)
    38.1%
  2. Square

8 vote(s)
    38.1%
  3. Diamond

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Twisted

5 vote(s)
    23.8%
  1. LBOperator

LBOperator LawnSite Member

I have been looking through the search button and I can't find a good cut and dry answer, so I thought I would just start a post about it. I am just using cheap round Echo cord myself right now, but will look to stock up in the future. I have found some great bulk deals on regular round cord, but the twisted cords look good as well. Look forward to your comments.

2. OakNut

OakNut LawnSite Platinum Member

3. LBOperator

I'm sorry I should have worded it better, there's not one with a poll and clarification.

4. LBOperator

That's what got me though, I typed cord and wire into the search, thanks for the reads :)

5. inzane

inzane LawnSite Silver Member

Uh oh.. Search engine police is out.. :D

6. greenology

greenology LawnSite Senior Member

Ahaha. Then god forbid if u may find a thread from 2010 that u decide to reply to! Oh no it's 3 yr old u can't discuss in this thread anymore!
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. OakNut

OakNut LawnSite Platinum Member

I'm not a cop. I'm simply offering assistance.

Note the links. Search police are not that polite.

;)

"cord" and "wire"?
    I could maybe see "cord", but yeah, I can see why you couldn't find anything.
    Funny how many different terms people have for things. I had never heard of a "whip" until I came here. Sounds ret@rded. LOL

8. Bashby

Bashby LawnSite Senior Member

I had never heard of a weed whip either before Lawnsite, is that some regional thing? What region?

9. LBOperator

What the heck is a "weed whip"? Is that like an Indiana Jones trimmer?? :)

10. LBOperator

Hey you guys that are using the twisted cord please share your opinions on it please. I know there are other threads but hopefully this poll thread will be the one all others are judged by in the "which weedeater, trimmer, whip: cord, wire twine, or string is better"