what type of truck for summer 2007

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by mike lane lawn care, Sep 24, 2006.

1. Rons Rightway Lawncare

Rons Rightway Lawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

I got just what you need! A 2005 Silverado 1500 work truck, 2WD, automatic transmission, Air Conditioning, Cruise control, Cloth seats, Tinted windows, Black metal diamond plate tool box, Bed mat, bug guard, mud flaps, vent visors, Heavy Duty trailer hitch and wiring installed, 4.8 liter V-8 engine, 17 and a half thousand miles.... Not a scratch, dent, ding, stain, etc... Looks absolutely brand spanking new!

I use it to tow my 5 thousand pound when fully loaded trailer and it pulls it no problems. I have had another 2500 pounds of seed and fert on this trailer with the normal stuff and it still pulled the load just fine.

I am going to sell this truck sometime this fall or winter and buy a Isuzu landscaper truck.

I will sell you the truck for what I owe on it, if your serious about it I will call the bank to get a payoff amount. It shouldn't be too much, probably around 14-15 thousand. Whatever it is, I will sell the truck for payoff and even include the trailer for another thousand bucks. Trailer is a 6 and a half foot by 16 foot long, tandem axle and is very stout. It too looks great, not quite brand new, but close.

As far as other trucks go, you will use more gas and work the truck harder with a smaller v-6 or I-5 engine than you will with the larger v-8 engines. The Colorado would pull a smaller trailer but it will likely get worst milage than a truck like mine. I get no less than 12.5 mpg and that is if I am in a hurry on my route and also with alot of sitting parked with the engine running. I have seen nearly 14 mpg towing on my route with going easy on the gas and no A/C use.

IMG_1411.JPG

2. mike lane lawn care

mike lane lawn care LawnSite Bronze Member

thanks but i won't have the finances until next spring, and in my area i need 4WD, i am going to have a heck of a time this winter with my RWD astro

3. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

You know, it depends on the dealer. There are some instances where you can get the warranty transfered. But even then, a 2 year old truck with 20,000-30,000 miles shouldn't have ANY problems.

4. FearThisDeere

FearThisDeere LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeah, that will be fun!

5. Howie's Lawn Care

Howie's Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

You'll need to co-sign the loan with a parent. I just got a new 2006 Chevy 2500HD and the loan officer approved me for it because of my payments on the mower and truck and all my income records. All my mom had to do was say it was okay, I did almost all the talking with the loan officer. I didn't put any money down, because I didn't have much since I paid off my mower and paid up another 6 months of contractor's insurance. Check out the deal I got.

2006 CHevy Silverado 2500HD W/T - $28115.00 RETAIL
    4X4
    MARKER LAMPS
    CD
    CRUISE
    A/C
    AUTO
    6.0L

$28115.00 RETAIL
    -$4000.00 REBATE
    -$250.00 REBATE
    -$2100.00 GM SUPPLIER DISCOUNT (MY MOM)
    --------------------------------------------
    $6500.00 TRADE-IN FOR FORD RANGER (WHAT I PAID EXACTLY ONE YEAR AGO OR 14,300 MILES AGO)
    PAY OFF = $5040.00
    SALES TAX = AROUND $1500.00

I ended up getting it for $21703.00 after tax, title, trade.

I now have all my equipment paid for and a five year loan on this new truck. I now have a $6845.00 loan and a $6500.00 loan paid off for my credit history. The $6845.00 wont register as high of a credit score because the loan was only open four months.