1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

What type of work shirt seems the best?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by CTSNicholas, Jun 18, 2013.

1. OakNut

OakNut LawnSite Platinum Member

The polyester running shirts I wear were purchased at Target. I believe Champion makes them.

2. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

We wear the same ones. $10 a pop, not bad. I like them a lot, even dark blue for the company uniform isn't bad in the heat.

3. OakNut

Mine are $17. They have 3, or 4 different shirts that are similar in construction.
    These have a long sleeve version too. I bought one to wear in the early spring/fall, but I hate long sleeves, so I rarely wear it.

[​IMG]

4. vegandude

vegandude LawnSite Senior Member

I wear wide brimmed hats and finally found a cool one with a wide brim, uv protection and works great in the rain. 100 percent nylon and you can shape the brim. Www.sundayafternoons.com

5. a.dupell

a.dupell LawnSite Member

I have mine a size bigger so I get a little air flow on my arms, but it doesn't really bother me.

6. CTSNicholas

CTSNicholas LawnSite Member

What is the name of that style? I know of Champion but there is no target nearby here. Maybe I could use this brand for the long sleeve rather than UnderArmor. I have ordered some Nordic Trac in the mesh version for t-shirt style.

@Vegan sounds like a good hat, that site has a lot of choices. Which type did you pick?

7. vegandude

I got the field hat. No matter how dirty you get it, it still scrubs up nicely enough to wear on the weekends. I never go anywhere without a hat as direct sun gives me a headache. I've had it now for two mow seasons and it still looks pretty much new.

8. OakNut

It's made by Champion for Target. You can't get them elsewhere. I looked last season when I wanted more, but Target was sold out.
    There are surely others that are similar though.

9. 205mx

205mx LawnSite Silver Member

I don't see how any of you can wear those. They feel like wearing trash bags. 100% cotton
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. vegandude

I have always worn cotton but my daughter got me a couple of running shirts for father's day and they are really comfortable. I figure for the price it wouldn't hurt to try some for work.