What type of work shirt seems the best?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by CTSNicholas, Jun 18, 2013.

1. OakNut

OakNut LawnSite Platinum Member

The polyester running shirts I wear were purchased at Target. I believe Champion makes them.

2. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

We wear the same ones. $10 a pop, not bad. I like them a lot, even dark blue for the company uniform isn't bad in the heat.

3. OakNut

Mine are $17. They have 3, or 4 different shirts that are similar in construction.
    These have a long sleeve version too. I bought one to wear in the early spring/fall, but I hate long sleeves, so I rarely wear it.

[​IMG]

4. vegandude

vegandude LawnSite Senior Member

I wear wide brimmed hats and finally found a cool one with a wide brim, uv protection and works great in the rain. 100 percent nylon and you can shape the brim. Www.sundayafternoons.com

5. a.dupell

a.dupell LawnSite Member

I have mine a size bigger so I get a little air flow on my arms, but it doesn't really bother me.

6. CTSNicholas

CTSNicholas LawnSite Member

What is the name of that style? I know of Champion but there is no target nearby here. Maybe I could use this brand for the long sleeve rather than UnderArmor. I have ordered some Nordic Trac in the mesh version for t-shirt style.

@Vegan sounds like a good hat, that site has a lot of choices. Which type did you pick?

7. vegandude

I got the field hat. No matter how dirty you get it, it still scrubs up nicely enough to wear on the weekends. I never go anywhere without a hat as direct sun gives me a headache. I've had it now for two mow seasons and it still looks pretty much new.

8. OakNut

It's made by Champion for Target. You can't get them elsewhere. I looked last season when I wanted more, but Target was sold out.
    There are surely others that are similar though.

9. 205mx

205mx LawnSite Silver Member

I don't see how any of you can wear those. They feel like wearing trash bags. 100% cotton
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. vegandude

I have always worn cotton but my daughter got me a couple of running shirts for father's day and they are really comfortable. I figure for the price it wouldn't hurt to try some for work.