What type(s) of service(s) do you provide....

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by ToddS, Dec 2, 2003.

1. ToddS

ToddS LawnSite Member

that make you stand out from your competition?

2. Wells

Wells LawnSite Member
    from SLC UT

I show up....

Over the past several years the biggest complaint that I hear from homeowners is that their current LCO's are unreliable.
    They don't show up when they say they will be there, they leave gates open (#1 complaint), and they don't deliver what they have promised. I don't mind at all because I end up with their client as my own and generally get plenty of referals out of it as well.

I find it almost unbelieveable that something as simple as taking the time to close a gate behind me has earned me more and more business. Sometimes it's those little things that people love.

I don't try to provide more services than the next guy, but rather to provide a better service than the next guy.

I also try to spend just a few extra minutes at each customers home to do something little that is not expected such as pulling a couple of weeds, moving the garbage cans out of the street and up towards the house, picking up the newspaper and setting it on the porch or rolling up a hose. Just something small and simple. Most peolple love it.

3. Gerard

Gerard LawnSite Member

Wells,It just goes to show a little goes a long way.

4. lawnGUYnMD

lawnGUYnMD LawnSite Member

Do what your good at and offer only what you can back up. I have a friend that has a busn too so I sub out to him what I cant do and learn what I want. But you are the most important part in making the customers happy.

5. Avery

Avery LawnSite Bronze Member

We are geared towards large commercial properties. Have the equipment and staff to handle large properties where as smaller companies do not. For example we just took over a large sub division last month. Contract calls for mowing all common areas plus the sides of the roads, blowing debris and edging where turf meets hardscapes. The first time we went to cut the president of the association was waiting to meet with me. I asked him how long the last contractor took to do the job. He said two days. We did it in 2 1/2 hours. Needless to say he was very impressed.

6. precisioncut

precisioncut LawnSite Senior Member

I always try to sell the quality of my work-like wells said-spend that extra time, go out of your way for them. That will give a good impression and the client will start to "talk." Word of mouth is usually your best advertising for the dollar.

7. PaulJ

PaulJ LawnSite Bronze Member

I trim and edge each time with this. I Also make sure to blow all the walks and drives off when i am done.

www.edgit.com

Some of the guys around here only triimm every other time and only edge once a year at extra cost.

h2.jpg

8. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

two words: personal attention

9. pcnservices

pcnservices LawnSite Senior Member

Value added service!! I agree with you Wells this is what keeps me in business and growing.
    Good Luck
    PC