1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

What type shirts do you use?

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by ygim, Mar 12, 2010.

1. ygim

ygim LawnSite Senior Member

I was thinking of going with some type of button down shirts. What do you guys use? I have been using T shirts.
  2. SuperiorService.110mb.com

SuperiorService.110mb.com LawnSite Member

I like to use cotton T's. They stratch and give me more flexablity. I stick with a light green color so its not hot and hides some durt. I found some organic cotton T's at Walmart that I really like, they are thiner than normal cotton T's so it keeps me a little cooler when things start to heat up. And I use my T's to wipe the swet off my face, if it doesn't stratch thats kinda hard to do.
  3. ltddrop

ltddrop LawnSite Member

I've always used some kind of vapor wick shirts. Used to use patagonia but they don't make 2xl. These reebok shirts in light gray don't show dirt, are cheap, and will keep you dry. Don't know the exact name but they are reebok shirts with wicking technology.

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

I just go with basic tshirts. I've worn button down shirts when I worked at other companies and personally hated it. I felt too restricted.
  5. Kennedy Landscaping

Kennedy Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

I wear cotton t-shirts as well. Lime green, I've also got gray cut offs with green lettering.
  6. rcslawncare

rcslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

Cotton tees work good for me, have nice nike golf polos embroidered for non work, but though about the dry fit tees...
  7. fastpine

fastpine LawnSite Member

Im all about using something with a collar. Looks more professional than a T..Some Carhart or maby dickies button downs will last quite a wile..wont tear when youre working hard, and are cooler:walking:.....:laugh:
  8. carguyrob

carguyrob LawnSite Member

i've always worn yellow tees (company color). They keep me relatively cool but show every ounce of dirt I pick up, which can be frightening if it's dry out. I've thought about switching to a button down shirt for a while just never gotten around to it, something like a mechanic's work shirt, seems like it'd keep the temp down. how $$$ are the embroidered polos?
  9. rcslawncare

rcslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

I pay $38 per Nike golf polo embroidered with company name.
  10. Glenn Lawn Care

Glenn Lawn Care LawnSite Silver Member

i also use cotton t-shirts, they are cheap and comfy.