What type sulky for hydro?

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by fastlane, May 14, 2002.

1. fastlane

fastlane LawnSite Senior Member

HI I have new Turf tracer HP 48'' 17Hp Search on sulkys gave conflicting opinions about what to use for hydro WBs. What does Exmark recommend? how about a rigid mount caster type like True track ?

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Fastlane,

The official answer is: "Use only Exmark riding attachments. Use of other riding attachments may create a hazardous condition resulting in injury".

What that means is we can't and probably won't test all the many different riding attachments on the market to determine if the design is safe, reliable etc. That burden should and does fall on the shoulders of the manufacturer of that attachment. For this reason we don't how these attachments will perform and can’t recommend anything other than the Exmark sit down, self -steering sulky.

The literature states “self-steering sulky automatically guides itself, with no jackknifing or whipping when cornering”.

Stylish as well don’t you think. Just the right accessory for your average jet setter landscaper type don’t you think.

Thanks

Terry

3. TJLC

TJLC LawnSite Bronze Member

I have owned and used the bull rider velke and the Exmark steerable sulky and I liked the Exmark steerable sulky FAR better. You have to actually try one to truly appreciate it! I traded it in with my 36" Exmark and now I'm kinda sorry I did. I thought it was a bit pricey but it turns a w/b into a low cost rider. Granted, it's no Z but a pretty nice alternative.

4. mike9497

mike9497 LawnSite Senior Member

how is the exmark sulky on hills.i have lawns that have a few hills.i would rather trade in my TTHP and get a lazer hp but im still paying for the TTHP