What type trimmer line do you use?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by grasssin, Mar 28, 2004.

1. grasssin

grasssin LawnSite Senior Member

I have been using the Huskie Titanium line and also some .95 pentagon shaped line, not sure the brand, but it works pretty well.

Just wondering what you use....
  2. specialtylc

specialtylc LawnSite Bronze Member

We use Rotary brand round .095. I have tried some of the weird shaped stuff (square,ridged,etc. ) but they dont load or feed as well as the round stuff. We even bought a spool of some with a steel wire inside of it. It wasnt much better than plain line. We bought 10lbs of off brand line on sale at the Stihl dealer 2 years ago and it was real crap.
  3. Pecker

Pecker LawnSite Bronze Member

I use John Deere .095 square line and like it alot. Although, until I reamed out the holes in the spools a little it was a real pain to load. Now it's notta problem and I really like the way it cuts.
  4. amar

amar LawnSite Member

Echo had a line that was discontuned several years back I bought 40Lbs .095 at $1 per pound I wish I bought 10 palets of it im almost out.
  5. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

give the gator magnum line a try. phenomenal longetivity.
  6. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

I use the stihl .95 in round (orange) and diamond (Green) I like the round and i think it last longer maybe its because the round sting you get a lil more on a spool
  7. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

Depends on what I am whipping. I use the Husqvarna Titanium for nice precise work on lawns and such. I use the Husqvarna hexagon for just tearin it up. Both last. I really like the titanium for a couple of reasons. one it lasts (takes me a couple of weeks, unless I am up against a chain link fence, to use up a spool) and two it spins nice and flat, even at low rpms. The braided core makes it last for ever.
  8. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

Gator Magnum Square .95, great stuff. Lasts 3 times longer than other brands I've used.
  9. amar

amar LawnSite Member

I run six T260's i wish i could get the spool to last two weeks. We cant even get four days. Does the Huskey Titanium line tear up trees?
  10. deere mowers

deere mowers Banned

Any good brands for concrete footings or cemetery stones . currently using stihl .095 but not likeing its longevity