what u all doing with all your time off?

Discussion in 'Florida Lawn Care Forum' started by williams lcm, Nov 22, 2013.

1. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

Yeah, I've got to do that too. I've probably got six months worth of remodeling.

2. Landscape Poet

Landscape Poet LawnSite Gold Member

Here here.... I generally am getting pissy with people on lawnsite at this point and raging by feb. but I have not been here long enough this year since EOW to even think about it. Mulch, Sod , Installations, clean ups ...general little extras have been keeping us busy this year.

I went out today and am taking the rest of the week off, my guys will work tomorrow for sure and maybe wed. if needed. I will of course be doing holiday thing! When we return a week full of mowing and then mulch and installation should be going in... Growth is happening this year like crazy

3. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

I guess we are going to skip the 40's altogether. Supposed to be 34F here Wednesday night. That should turn the switch off.

4. wow...this has been the wettest YEAR i can remember...it has rained yesterday and today as well as 2 other days this past week and last Thursday it rained for 4 hours straight....its crazy.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

Amen to that, We shut down thanksgiving week and 10 days off during Christmas/new years. We got enough work to stay busy but don't have to go chasing it around.

6. i dont want to complain as I've been picking up a lot of good work but it is way too hot for this time of year...
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. zturncutter

zturncutter LawnSite Bronze Member

When the highs are only 2 or 3 degrees under 90 in December you have to wonder what July will bring :laughing:

8. man don't even say that i feel like crying....

i do remember the year we had the really cold winter the same thing happened in December. i hope the same thing happens.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. Landscape Poet

Landscape Poet LawnSite Gold Member

You talking like three or 4 years ago? If so yes I remember it being extremely Warm up until just after Christmas....and then Blame we got frosted all over. That is my Dream for this year as this winter has been unusually busy....frost damage all over equals more clean up and plantings money in the spring and of course will slow it down for a bit on the maintenance. That is officially added to my Christmas wish!

10. yup...that was it. i really hope it gets really cold. im still trimming somewhat frequently and when we do some yards that have gone 2 weeks they are tall. we did have a lot of rain which didn't help either...
    Posted via Mobile Device