what u guys think??

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by JJLandscapes, Sep 10, 2006.

1. JJLandscapes

JJLandscapes LawnSite Senior Member

Customer calls up to cancel because we have only been tehre 3 of the last 4 weeks was her reason.... and she was saying she is going to file a complaint

i dont really care if she does anything as long as i dont have to take a day off work to fix things up ( ex. court) rain and jury duty where the reasons we got pushed back and missed her

can u file a complaint with something like the Better business beurau because we couldnt cut them that week? it isnt important to me or wont effect anything seeing as 1 out of every 200 ever ask for a reference or if we are lic/ ins but just curious if u can file stupid complaints like that

2. ACutAbovesiny

ACutAbovesiny LawnSite Senior Member

Im not sure if they can. I would have been in touch with the customer during the time so that they knew what was going on. Keep them informed and you usually wont have any problems.

3. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

Are you a BBB member???

My old boss was years ago...really only one customer ever bothered to call them to complain. The BBB called us to get our version of the story and act as a mediator of sorts to resolve the problem. So I don't know if it was reported as an 'official' complaint or not.

I wouldn't lose sleep over it.

4. garth1967

garth1967 LawnSite Senior Member

why didnt you tell her you were going to miss

5. AL Inc

AL Inc LawnSite Bronze Member

JJ-If they complain to Nass. County Consumer Affairs, they will give you a chance to give your side of the story. I really wouldn't worry about that one, that won't go anywhere. People love to threaten with things like that, it's BS. Move on and replace her

6. cessnasovereign

cessnasovereign LawnSite Senior Member

I'd be pissed too. If I pay for weekly mowing, I want weekly mowing.

7. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Did she prepay for the services or do you bill after work is performed? I would just replace her if shes gonna get that upset ovwer a missed week espically when its raining out some of the week.

My customers understand that when the weather is bad, I get delayed and that more then ikley, the lawn might be a day or two late because of bad weather. I work my a$$ of trying to get back on schedule and for the most part, a few days on average and I am caught back up.

8. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

Communication with your customers is #1-priority. Either you let them know what your rain delay policy is when you sign them or you call them and let them know your not going to make it in other situations where you know your going to miss. Credit their account for the missing mows.
    No the BBB can only put you on a list and I doubt missing a mow will qualify.

9. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

if i need to skip a customer, due to drought or any reason i call and let them know what i am doing, that way i am still in charge of my schedule, but make them feel involved.

10. JJLandscapes

JJLandscapes LawnSite Senior Member

she is already gone i will never in my life ever explain myself to one customer on why rain would cause us to miss there cuts when my other 100+ customers use commone sense. i would never beg for a customer or give the slightest ounce of effort to get a customer back once they are gone its over... i could lose all 116 customers and then get 116 new ones next spring our area is that good

she was going to get dropped eventually because her lawn was too big for the pricing we gave her. thank you Al INC consumer affairs around here is the poorest run organizations ive ever seen when i was applying for my license this season