what u guys using this yr.grub /insect control

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by ant, May 16, 2008.

1. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

we been using allectus insecticide the last few yrs. with good results but i am not sure of cost this yr.
    last yr. i think we paid 217 per gal...

2. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

a generic imidicloprid for grubs. Seven for ants and early season grubs.

3. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

http://www.backedbybayer.com/BAYER/CropScience/BackedByBayer.nsf/C7D2D4025C086CF8852573220054DF8B/$FILE/S%20Allectus%20GC%20G%2010-31-06.pdf

4. PSUTURFGEEK

PSUTURFGEEK LawnSite Senior Member

For the guys doing only a small amount of grub control I guess the china generics are ok but I'll continue to pay the premium for bayers backing, What happens if you get burned on like 30-40 acres of dylox and reno? who's paying for it? whos backing it? will someone from the rice patties climb out for a weekend and come over here and give a damn about your properties.

5. heritage

heritage LawnSite Bronze Member

Still VERY HAPPY with the Mach II.

My big pests are the Grubs it targets as well as the Sod Webworm.

Love this product.

Will Rotate Allectus next year for the 3 year rotation. Mach/Mach/Allectus

Chinch Bugs and Billbugs are not an issue for my area, OR I would use Merit/Allectus on a 2 year rotation :rolleyes:

Pete

6. PSUTURFGEEK

I'm glad mach 2 works for you and I hope it continues to work, but I wouldn't even use it again if it was free, just my opinion.

7. heritage

Why??

Thatchy Philly Eagles Playing Field??????

Pete

8. PSUTURFGEEK

I'll get together some university studies over the past five years and get them to you, on some charts the control is so low it isn't even visible to the naked eye, thats also one of the reasons Dow agri is thinking about an eventual stop sale on mach and the other reason is Merit is so much cheaper than Mach2 and Bayer makes a product to back it up if needed does Dow?? NO, it's a no brainer

9. heritage

Thanks Prof.

I must be a lucky guy with the Granular 1.33% Andersons Product.

My results at the 2Lb ai. Acre have been outstanding!

Sometimes those "Case Studies" can be Biased, by how much $$$$ is given to the Universities too.

But I do appreciate your feedback and hope the Mach is available for many years to come. Best 1x season app. ever made for Sod Webworm IMO.

Pete

10. PSUTURFGEEK

Excellent, have an awesome year.