what uses have you found for hedge clippers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by snapper, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Alan0354

Alan0354 LawnSite Platinum Member

Compacting cut branches. I live amount two old neighbors, one at the back and one next door. Their tree keep hanging over to my side and I just don't have the heart to get after them to do something. So I have been the the unofficial tree pruner for a while. I saw/hedge down the branches, I put the branches that are under 5/8" with leaves and all into the recycling can and then stick my Echo HC151 in and chop it up to compact it. You'll be amaze how much they compact down and I am amaze that after a few years doing this to the Echo, few months ago, I used it to hedge long rolls of Boxwood ( very dense type that is charllenging for any hedge trimmer). I thought it must be to dull, but it actually still cut very well.

I know you LCOs have wood chippers and all the fancy compactor, that's only way I can do it and I only have one recycle can they collect each week.

2. greendoctor

greendoctor LawnSite Fanatic

The hedge trimmers on the shaft with an articulated head are great for cutting down areas of overgrown weeds and really tall grass. Less mess than string and safer than a saw blade.

3. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

that's exactly what I use them for. Well that and actual hedge trimming. :)