what walkbehind do you use ?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lot0210, Sep 16, 2008.

1. lot0210

lot0210 LawnSite Member

What walkbehind do you use and why with the pros and cons and try to be honest no fanboy stuff plz and no bickering just have several models in mind and want to see what you use and think on different ones.

p.s sorry about the run on sentance.:cry:

2. tamadrummer

tamadrummer LawnSite Bronze Member

22" Toro recycler because it was given to me.

John Deere G15 because they only offer one 36" mower otherwise I would have gotten a hydro in the 36" range from them.

I hate the belt drive part but the timed blade deck leaves an impeccable cut.

3. delphied

delphied LawnSite Silver Member

I have a Toro 44 belt and a TTHP 48 Hydro. Hydro is the way to go if its not a trailer queen. WB for ditches and slopes and smaller lots. I would rather have a Wright Stander.

4. lawnprosteveo

lawnprosteveo LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

Toro 36 wb gear drive...15hp kohler...use it as a backyard and steep hills mower. Lots of bang for the buck...cuts pretty good and has been very reliable.

5. PTSolutions

PTSolutions LawnSite Silver Member
    from OH

lawnboy 21"

and a 48" Scag Pro V cause its fast...

6. dura to the max

dura to the max LawnSite Silver Member
    from georgia

currently 48" tthp. love ecs. good cut. mulches well. pulls proslide well.

previously had jd 48" hydro. good cut, disliked pistol grips. not enough deck volume. only discharged...good pulling sulky

scags were great. belt drives. i discharged w/ these as well. great cut. good deck volume. tough as nails. pulled sulky great.

my 36" bd toro was good too. good cut, easiest out of all to operate. (it was hard to lift the front of the deck while mowing to improve cut though, t-bar).

had a 52" snapper that i got from a trade to help out a local church. good cut. decent controls. pulled great. was old and had few if any major issues. it was the oldest of the machines ive had.

tthp and scags are about equal imo. the others are pretty good too. i dont keep machines too long, so i cant say on the longevity.

7. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Mine are two 48" fixed deck Toros, gear drive 15 hp Kohlers.

You either love them or hate them, and you know the reasons why and if you don't then you have never tried a 4-foot fixed deck.

All I use, other than the Z.

8. pinto n mwr

pinto n mwr LawnSite Senior Member
    from gr8, mn

what do you need a walk behind for, a ztr cuts everything

9. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX LawnSite Gold Member

2008 Scag SWZ 48" 18hp Honda LOve it best cut ever and no problem yet in 100HRS!!!!

10. jrc lawncare

jrc lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I like my tthps as well.......[​IMG]:)