1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

what was the biggest tip someone gave you

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ronslawncare, Apr 5, 2001.

1. ronslawncare

ronslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

i did a cleanup last year for 250 for some guy he said i no it was alot of work and its cold so here 300.00 .most customers just through me a extra 10.00
  2. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

The owner of a small commercial property that I maintain, usually gives me $150 at Christmas every year.
  3. AB Lawn Care

AB Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

$100 and a gift basket with some nice things in it like a bottle of REAL maple surup. Yum Yum!
  4. eslawns

eslawns LawnSite Senior Member

$100 each Christmas since 1995. Got $50 that year. Most of the others... between $25 and $60, most around $40. During the year, about $25 is the best. Most do not tip. The rest tip at Christmas.
  5. Island Lawn

Island Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

The best tip I ever got was from HERE!!

I dont know the # of tips I recieved, but I know where I come from and I know where I am. Thanks to all, I have a plan for where I want to be.

I have been able to lend a few tips here myself.
    More to come!!!

BTW the archives are golden!
    BTW BTW The new stuff is timely and "active"!

LS- The closest thing I have to a Professional Organization!
  6. Greenkeepers

Greenkeepers LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE Ohio

The best informational tip: Lawnsite

The best monetary tip: I think was around $50 , most people don't tip around here. They think that they are getting charged enough I guess.

The best edible tip.. Now thats where my tips come in, I had this old lady who every week when I was done cutting would have home made pepperoni rolls, cookies, sandwich and a cold pop there for me. She would just say hello I know your in a hurry but you need to eat.. She was great!
  7. jaclawn

jaclawn LawnSite Senior Member

Don't take wooden nickles.
  8. Orkin Yards

Orkin Yards LawnSite Senior Member

i did not read everypost on this topic so i'm sorry if this was already asked, but to tips go into the records as income ot not?
  9. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

get a z,it was just luck that i got the right one
  10. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

awm, are you saying you got a ZTR as a tip? WOW

Best one we ever got was $50 money wise.

Best tip was finding Lawnicure about 2 years ago, which led to Hall of Forums and then to Lawnsite.com