What was your average price for mowing last year?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by skorum03, Jan 12, 2013.

1. T Scapes

T Scapes LawnSite Bronze Member

35 minimum most are around 40-45 highest residential is 85 and highest commercial was 140

2. herler

herler LawnSite Fanatic

Twenty seven dollars and thirty four cents, plus tax.

3. jeff_0

jeff_0 LawnSite Senior Member
    from md

I have a $45 minimal and average is around $70.

4. skorum03

skorum03 LawnSite Senior Member

Being new, I've kinda noticed that alot of guys are saying that their minimum price is right around $40. Is that even for something that would be like 10 minutes worth of work, mow, trim, clean up, load trailer and leave? Does travel time factor into your minimum? Like if someone down the street had a tiny little yard would you still charge them the $40? Or would you maybe give them a break since its so close and say its $25?

YardBros Outdoors
    www.yardbros.com

5. LandFakers

LandFakers LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

I do two yards on my own street, and I do both for $30. If I am leaving the neighborhood, I wont drop the gate for less than 35, no matter how small really.

6. orangemower

orangemower LawnSite Silver Member
    from pa

You would want to give them a price to mainly cover the time there to service the property if you're already in the same neighborhood. It can take a few months to establish a minimum price if you're just starting out, but yeah, cut the ones you get closer a break. If you get one customer on a block, you could let them know that if they can convince their neighbor's to have you service them as well, you'll give them all a discounted price as a group.

One thing you could do is write down what it would take to service 5 places on one street. Then do the same where the 5 places are spread out a few miles. You'll start to see that it takes more money to go farther (for obvious reasons) to service the ones farther away then the ones all together. I did this as part of my business plan years ago so I could learn how to bid jobs off the beating path and still make out good. Their called scenario's or examples of the "what if's" in the business.

7. herler

herler LawnSite Fanatic

Hey man, I'm not trying to tell you what to do or how to price your work or anything at all but sometimes I'll give a new guy a break so I will tell you I have learned to take what is posted on this site with a grain of salt... Even then I have trouble swallowing some of the claims but it is what it is, you just have to make up your own mind, what to do, you know, if you listen to too much you could trip yourself up listening to these guys, just price it the way you've been doing and don't pay it too much mind, not saying this is the case here but some of these threads are probably best seen for their entertainment value.

Peace out man

8. lawnkingforever

lawnkingforever LawnSite Bronze Member

Rates vary greatly depending on what part of the country you live in, they can even vary depending on what part of a metro area you reside. You should talk some fellow lcos in your area. I won't drop my gate for $100 and $15 dollar a minute garbage is useless to you. Figure out your overhead and learn your local area. If you start getting every job you bid on, you probably are too low though.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. orangemower

orangemower LawnSite Silver Member
    from pa

That was real helpful! :hammerhead:

10. McFarland_Lawn_Care

McFarland_Lawn_Care LawnSite Bronze Member

hahaha......:laugh: