Lawn Care Forum banner

What was your average price for mowing last year?

20K views 69 replies 25 participants last post by  Creative Cuts 
#1 ·
I am just wondering what everyones average price for mowing was last year, commercial and/or residential. Just curious

Spencer Korum
YardBros Outdoors
www.yardbros.com

#6 ·
Avg was $41, lowest price was cause the lawn was literally 4 passes with my 21" mower and maybe 1 minute of trimming and right next to another lawn so it's almost a free $20. My biggest lawn is $85.

#16 ·
Yea its cut throat around here. Most of the seniors had no problem paying the 30 but I give a senior discount. But all these middle aged people. Hell I was to the point I felt like I was on lets make a deal.
yeah thats tough man. Times are tough that makes a difference too. an extra $5 in peoples pocket makes a difference once in a while

Spencer Korum
YardBros Outdoors
www.yardbros.com

#20 ·
My minimum is usually $45, sometimes if I have an elderly neighbor next to an existing customer I'd cut them a break. Average price is $55 which is competitive with most. I have 2 year round weekly accts one at $125 and the other at $150 that are the highest. Those are with 2 pinestraw applications and 2 hedge trimmings per year factored in. (also extremely loyal customers)
Posted via Mobile Device

#21 ·
Sounds like im all over the board with my prices. I have some residentials that i do for $125/mth minimal and I have a commercial account that is $2300/mth!. I mostly do yearly accounts with a few per time customers through the summer with 90% being residential customers. The 2 that are 125/mth are 2 houses side by side owned by the same customer and the 2300/mth is a 22 acre cemetery that I have been doing for 3yrs now.

So for me to give an average, it would be highly skewed because of the commercial accounts that I have. But on residentials, my lowest is 125 and my highest is 465.

Hope this helps a little

#23 ·
Sounds like im all over the board with my prices. I have some residentials that i do for $125/mth minimal and I have a commercial account that is $2300/mth!. I mostly do yearly accounts with a few per time customers through the summer with 90% being residential customers. The 2 that are 125/mth are 2 houses side by side owned by the same customer and the 2300/mth is a 22 acre cemetery that I have been doing for 3yrs now.

So for me to give an average, it would be highly skewed because of the commercial accounts that I have. But on residentials, my lowest is 125 and my highest is 465.

Hope this helps a little
So basically you are saying that you have some seriously high end residential customers, or are they just big yards?

Spencer Korum
YardBros Outdoors
www.yardbros.com

#26 ·
I think he's saying their $125 per month, not per cut. @ Southscapes, how many man hours do you have into that 22 acre cemetary?
Yes my lowest is $125 and highest is $465 per month on the residential side of my business so i have a range of just regular yards to some serious high end lake homes. As for the 22 acre cemetery, to my surprise and the owners surprise, on a dry day I can cut it and trim and edge the roads and be out in 6 hours, with me on the Mower and one guy on the trimmer! Serious money making property.
Posted via Mobile Device

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.