What was your best purchase in 2003?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Barkleymut, Dec 22, 2003.

1. Barkleymut

Barkleymut LawnSite Bronze Member

For the money, what was your best purchase for 2003? The one thing you would pay double for?

Mine was definetly the Accelerator bagger for my Lazer HP. I bought the GCEXL (I think thats the model, its the biggest one) in May or June and it has been great. My only complaint is the dust but they make a cover for it that I will purchase next spring. It is funny that this is my favorite purchase because when I was at the dealer picking it up, another LCO that I know told me not to get it because it was too narrow and the grass would never make it to the back. He also said that the material would rip apart. I went ahead with the purchase but was kinda scared to be honest (because I know the other guy and he is fairly intelligent). Well after almost a full season of use the bagger doesn't have one dent, compared to my grass gobbler that was dented beyond belief after a year. Also the grass packs in awesome. With the extender I just got, I'll bet you can get near as much as a vac system. Much cheaper and zero maintenance for the bagger, plus installation takes about 5 seconds, versus an hour for a vac system. If you need a bagger, skip the rest and go for the best. Also, Peter is a heck of a nice guy. I called him before I bought it since my dealer didn't have any in stock and I had many questions.

2. J Hisch

J Hisch LawnSite Senior Member

Ryan Lawn aire IV for 600.00

3. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

As for our best purchase in 2003.. Well, I guess that would have to be a second truck we picked up for the business. Would I want to pay double for it?.. Well no, I don't think so.
    But I do think the truck was an extremely good purchase. It is used, but it is a one owner truck, a florida truck which makes that really nice.
    We just got this truck in early December.
    A week after we got this truck, Matt was out shopping at the mall... A man approached him, and started complimenting him on the truck. He offered Matt on the spot an extra $1000.00 in addition to the purchase price. Matt declined of course, because he knows how hard it is to find a decent used truck, one that will fit our business. Very pleased to have this truck. That way we will always have a backup.

4. That couldnt have been for a brand new one?If it was you got a deal

5. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

Well there was a blond that, lets forget this!

Mac

6. Pecker

Pecker LawnSite Bronze Member

A steak and lobster dinner to two!:D

Oh, I mean tie downs from Green-Touch.com. Now I can relax and not worry about my new Z bouncing like a basketball while going down the highway.

7. battags

battags LawnSite Senior Member

That's an easy one! My newest house!

Oh, you mean lawn care realated, right? Tractor implement lights for my mowers. I can mow some commercials after dark, now.

B

8. Lbilawncare

Lbilawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

Stihl HL75K medium length articulating shaft Hedge Trimmer, long enough to reach almost everything, short enough to be lightweight and balanced. Should have bought it at the beginning of the season at Russos when we were there, but had to buy locally for a lot more.-Russo's does not ship Stihl. We also bought the cultivator attachment, very nice for spot overseeding and tilling around plantings.-used it more at home than work.

9. bayfish

bayfish LawnSite Senior Member

New Hustler Z. Very well built mower. Might have to get a second one in 04.

10. Avery

Avery LawnSite Bronze Member

Little Wonder blower. I had a mount for the front of my Z fabricated for it. It can do the work of 4 workers with backpacks.