What was your best purchase

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by SidelinePropMgr, Apr 20, 2005.

1. SidelinePropMgr

SidelinePropMgr LawnSite Member

Hi Gang,

Just want some feedback. I am wondering what one piece of equipment have you bought recently, or over the years, that made the biggest impact on your business and why.

I must say mine is a 36" Wright Stander. I had been using a 36" walk behind Gravely for the past 2 years. Purchased a 36" Wright Stander (still have a lot of gated customers), and it has doubled my productivity if not more. Can mow longer hours, not fatigued due to walking.

Sideline Property Management
  2. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

I'm curious as to why you wouldn't buy a sulky instead of the stander?
  3. SidelinePropMgr

SidelinePropMgr LawnSite Member

I already had a sulky, sorry for not including that information. the stander is still much faster than the walk behind w/sulky. the ability to immediately back up and turn a full 360 degrees on a dime is incredible. If you have never used one I must honestly say you cannot understnd the benefits. by the way, not a sales rep., just love my machine.
  4. DennisF

DennisF LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

The Hustler Z...by far the best purchase yet.
  5. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

if you are talking production equipment, it would be hedge clippers... you can not beat their hourly gross margin.
    however, i am most pleased with qxpress. I wouldnt do business without it.
  6. SoloMow

SoloMow LawnSite Member

My best upgrade since last year is a RedMax stick edger! I service very small properties. This one piece of hand-held equipment saves me about 10 minutes per job. I can edge rear alley driveways and front sidewalks in the time it takes me to ......... er .... well .... walk! :cool:
  7. TClawn

TClawn LawnSite Silver Member

my best purchase has been the quick 36. saved me a lot of time and payed for itself many times over.
  8. Eddie B

Eddie B LawnSite Senior Member
    from gone

My best piece of equipment is my truck. I wouldn't make much of any money without it.
  9. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Without a doubt, my new enclosed trailer and equipment racks.
  10. AL Inc

AL Inc LawnSite Bronze Member

My 52" Stander changed things dramatically when I bought my first one 4 years ago. I would also have to say the JRCO rake for spring clean-ups, and the extended reach hedge clippers for pruning.