What was your largest tank cocktail?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by carcrz, Aug 7, 2008.

1. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

Just curious what your largest product list on your tank cocktail was? Some of the late sign-ups getting a pre-emergent & a post-emergent. Maybe even some grub control in there? Some nutsedge? Lets hear it!

2. PSUTURFGEEK

PSUTURFGEEK LawnSite Senior Member

At one time when I worked for a course with a 2.4 million dollar maintainance budget I would do an early spring cleanup spray which consisted of, Banner maxx, subdue maxx, alliette signature, 3336, some iron and a tenth of urea,it may not win for most chemicals used but on 27 holes and 33 acres of fairways and tees but it may win for most expensive application for that amount of acreage.

3. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

For spot spraying serious weed situations. When it was still labeled for residential turf--we combined Confront, plus Surge, plus crop oil.

4. jdmcat

jdmcat LawnSite Senior Member
    from Idaho

For fast non-selective results when it HOT I use Gly, Diquat, 2,4-D, and lots of sticker.

5. greendoctor

greendoctor LawnSite Fanatic

When I had seashore paspalum in serious decline, it was Insignia, 3336, Fore(mancozeb), Prostar and Subdue, this was added to 1/2 lb potassium nitrate, 1/2 lb urea and micronutrients. Lawn came out of whatever was causing it to patch and the client did not fire me. For weeds in bermuda and zoysia, MSMA, simazine, Image, Banvel and 2.4-D ester. I only mix this one if there is every kind of weed in the lawn. Don't have Dismiss or Drive here, so I do what I have to. Bareground application: Karmex, Hyvar, MSMA, Garlon ester and Oust. Everything died and area stayed dead for 5 years. Another bareground was sprayed with Arsenal, Tordon 22K, and Karmex. I recently got called in to do a custom application for a nursery. Heritage, mancozeb, Kelthane, and Orthene. The next week was a followup application with Daconil, Marathon(imidacloprid), Avid and Subdue.

Do not get the idea that I mix up everything in my lockbox and broadcast it everywhere. When posssible, I target specific weeds or pests. However, I am presented with severe situations where there is no neat, politically correct solution. My clients would not stand for me treating one thing at a time over the next month or two. In the case of the nursery, that was $500,000 or more of plants.

6. greendoctor

greendoctor LawnSite Fanatic

The fungicide mix I used for that lawn with decline probably costed close to $50/M. Never had to do that again. This was when I was working for a company and they would let a lawn get really bad before I saw it. I do not want to be out $50/M, so now I monitor and maintain a lawn so it never gets that bad. If disease does start, a low rate of Eagle or Insignia is enough, not a $50 tank mix.

7. EA Quinn

EA Quinn LawnSite Senior Member

Depending on time of year, at some points im running surge, drive, merit, talstar and dimension ultra.

8. tremor

tremor LawnSite Bronze Member

I only treated a few lawns with this monster mix. I was training/helping a former employee/friend. He had let Crabs pop on a bunch of new customers he had spring seeded. To make matters worse, he was cutting these lawns & had blasted them with starter followed with a regular fert so things had gotten way ahead of him.

18-3-6 N-Sure based fert .5#N
    Dimension Ultra @ .18 # AI/A
    Acclaim Extra @ .25 oz/M
    Talstar @ .33 oz/M
    Merit 75WSP @ .3# AI/A
    Turflon II Amine @ 1 oz/M (I think it was..not sure)
    Primo @ .7oz/M

This actually became a regular cocktail for him. One year he ran into some drought related phyto on fine fescue & he was advised to always steer clear of Poa & Bent.

9. phasthound

phasthound LawnSite Platinum Member

Wow!! You guys sure know how to make some avoidable problems that are very expensive to fix.

Ducking for cover. :)

10. ICT Bill

ICT Bill LawnSite Platinum Member

Jeez :confused: :confused: :confused: :dizzy: :dizzy:

thats all I can say

also ducking

are you guys F'ing out of your mind, I hope you have some really great suits that you have been wearing, think moon mission
    DO NOT tell your insurance company, they will drop you like a bomb (pun intended)