What was your MOST EXPENSIVE leaf job this fall?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GrassBustersLawn, Dec 5, 2003.

1. GrassBustersLawn

GrassBustersLawn LawnSite Senior Member

Mine was $617.50. 11.5 man hours ($45 per man hour) + $100 dump fee (2 trailer loads of 6x10 dump trailer - about 7 yards each - WELL COMPACTED!) Man that job SUCKED right up to the time we got PAID!

How big is YOURS?

2. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

how big was that area?
  3. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

This year, the most time consuming was 20 man hours @ 45.00=$900.00, but largest area wise was only $ 620.00
    Last year, we had a large lawn with 25 mature pin oaks and silver maples.Leaves were about six inches deep, this was the first and last cleanup of the year. Customer called 3 days before Christmas needing this done before it snowed again. 30 man hours @ 40.00 =$1200.00 plus truck time of $ 120.00=$ 1320.00 grand total +$ 79.20 tax. She paid us $ 1500.00, cash on Christmas Eve.Extra $ 50.00 bonus to my helpers.That was sweet...payup
  4. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

$940 was our biggest.
  5. springman26

springman26 LawnSite Member

We did one that was $1500 ! Took us three days.
  6. Jusmowin

Jusmowin LawnSite Senior Member

This year I had a leaf removal job on a one and a half acre lot . I had 8 workers(navy guys) me, my wife and step son all on this one job. The lot had a 4000sqft house, 75 pine trees and 10 oakes and had not been cleaned up in 3 years. Owner wanted the yard hand raked and everything out of the beds as to start over again. It took ALL of of us 4 hours to do this job and we filled up a 8x16 container(city container) two trucks w/ 6x12 trailers. I charged them $2200.00. Needless to say , I payed those guys and my son $15 an hour and a $ 20 bonus for getting the job done so quick and I made some really good money that day as well. There was not a peice of pine straw or leaf to be found after that and I also picked up 5 other jobs from this one job. As much as I hate clean up jobs I sure liked that one !
  7. Phishook

Phishook LawnSite Bronze Member

My most expensive was 2 1/2 hrs that paid $110. Bad judgement on my part.

Biggest leaf job paid $420. $140 ($140 x 3hrs)
  8. GrassBustersLawn

GrassBustersLawn LawnSite Senior Member

Those "bad judgements" are OK as long as you turn them into a "Learning Experience" and a "Strong Motivator" not to have bad judgement again! :) I think we've probably all been there once!

9. brentsawyer

brentsawyer LawnSite Senior Member

$565 Wednesday solo 9-6 had to go to Lesco twice for new plugs in the blower and waisted an hour going to the farm to dump and lost gate key.
  10. muddstopper

muddstopper LawnSite Silver Member

I just paid $3000 to get mine removed, of course the guy removed the cause of the problem too, along with the stumps. hehe. does that count?