1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

What Was Your Pedometer Reading Today

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by ed2hess, Feb 14, 2013.

1. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

I maxed out today at 5,693. My seven day high was 8000 last Friday.:clapping:

2. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

i tried using one of those things before. it never worked right. it always read too many steps or nowhere near enough. i'd walk 10 steps and it would say 4 and then i'd adjust it and walk 10 steps and it would say 14. i finally just gave up and said who cares how many steps i take?

3. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

I don't think mine is accurate it read 25000 at lunch time.:rolleyes:

4. Chilehead

Chilehead LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Stockbridge, GA

That could very well be accurate. I average 15 -18 miles a day as soon as spring hits. My average stride is 2.5 feet. Do the math--it computes.:usflag:

5. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

No wonder my boots are sole less after 6 month:waving:

6. Groomer

Groomer LawnSite Bronze Member

still too early here for the pedometer-did log 8 miles on the treadmill.

7. GQLL

GQLL LawnSite Senior Member

I don't know that's 12.5 roughly in a morning that's a lot of walking. During the winter I'm averaging 7469 steps a day that over the month of January. During the spring season I'm seeing around an 18k average.

8. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

I am curious about how many hours do you think you are walking in a normal ten hour day. Obviously the rest is sitting/eating/mowing and riding or did miss something:laugh:

9. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

I tried one of those things when I played alot of golf, and they really dont work very well. For now Im positive my body is overworked and I dont really want to know by how much.

10. GrassGuerilla

GrassGuerilla LawnSite Bronze Member

There aren't enough numbers in your head each day? Now you are counting steps? I know why my boots are so important, and don't need to quantify it. My feet hurt from thinking about this.
    Posted via Mobile Device