1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

What WB blower should i BUY?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by kj330, Jun 10, 2009.

1. kj330

kj330 LawnSite Member

I am going to be buying a WB leaf blower. ( i understand it is early). my local dealer sells Giant Vac and Billy goat. I think i am going to p/u the Billy 9 HP with the Subaru motor (999.00). that is what he is recomending to me, i dont know anyone persolaly who runs one of these machines.. The other is the 10 hp G Vac (extreme pro 9.0 tp) 1049.00.. this leaf seaon i am going to be prepared, i am a one man show, with some decent residentials. i just picked up a 17 hp g-vac loader for my dump. and all i need is to replace the old G-Vac 8 hp. my account range from 1/2 acre to 2 acres and typical amounts of leves for New England. WHAT IS THE BETTER MACHINE FOR ME???????????
  2. ericmcj31

ericmcj31 LawnSite Senior Member

the Billy Goat-they are a BEAST!!!
  3. fergman

fergman LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA

from what i see 2 people can take 2 redmax 8001's and move more leaves than a 9hp walk-behind blower.
    the 13hp billygoat force is what i have. i DEFINATELY wouldnt get anything less than the 13.
    figure up the cost difference between having 2 people blowing and you pushing a blower by yourself and then you'll know if you need 1 or not. you might decide different???
    get the force billygoat . once you use it with the adjustable discharge youll think that having 1 without it is totally useless,and in my opinion it is.

a leaf plow will push big piles of leaves when the 13hp force wont move them anymore so think about that too.
  4. kj330

kj330 LawnSite Member

so far some good opinions. i am lookinf for a used jrco leaf plow now also, i forgot to add that...
  5. Mowbizz

Mowbizz LawnSite Senior Member

I own the 9 hp HONDA Billy Goat Force blower and I love it. I'm sure the 13 hp is a beast but I found the 9 horse the perfect combination of power and weight for me (solo also)
    It has saved my ass on cleanups...pushing a monster pile of leaves uphill to the back woods...man I would have had to tarp and drag those...but I also finally, put my ztr to work dragging tarped leaves as well...saves a lot of footwork.
    A jrco dethatcher and a leaf plow would be a great addition for the fall too...just need a bigger garage to store all this equipment in the off season...:dizzy:
  6. Mr. Force® Billy Goat Industries

Mr. Force® Billy Goat Industries LawnSite Senior Member

I can't agree any further with going with the Force unit. I could be considered biased though. If still in doubt though I STRONGLY recommend asking for a demo. Any questions about noise, weight, and most importantly performance will quickly be answered.

Here's a question for all of you. Would weight be a concern for you if the Force unit was self propelled?
  7. bill w

bill w LawnSite Member
    from Va.

Cost would then become a consideration.
  8. fergman

fergman LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA

i wouldnt care if it weighed as much as a zero turn. long as i didnt turn it over. cost always pays out in the end if the performance is greatly improved.
  9. lawnman7

lawnman7 LawnSite Member
    from CT

the fradan blowers are realy nice i own a 18hp wb for large proporties, or go with the 13 hp little wonder which i have also. both are great machines.

10. Mr. Force® Billy Goat Industries

Mr. Force® Billy Goat Industries LawnSite Senior Member

Commercial grade transmission, with a single forward speed, differential, no reverse, and free-wheeling. What premium would you pay for that with the assumption everything else about the Force would be the same?