What WB mower does best Striping?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Jarrells74, Mar 2, 2003.

1. Jarrells74

Jarrells74 LawnSite Member

I am getting a new WB in the next few days, and was wondering which mower does the best striping? I really like the New Toro's. They are really nice.. How do they compare to the best WB's?

2. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

I do not know if it could be narrowed down to one, but SCAG does an excellent job as well as Toro. I know eXmark's do good as well. Lesco's are said to do good as well as Cub Cadets. I do not really think it can be any one mower, it might depend more on size of deck than brand name.

3. GrassMaster84

GrassMaster84 LawnSite Member

most walk-behind mowers will leave good stripes as long as it has a good striping kit, such as rollers or chains.

4. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

1995 Gravely Pro 150-50" Stamped Deck With Medium Lift Blades.

5. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

I am not into striping as far as chains and rollers... etc. But I do find that highlift blades tend to leave better "stripes".

6. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

A couple of factors that come into play on how well a WB stripes:

1. Type of grass
    2. Length of grass
    3. Operator Knowledge
    4. Mower blade type
    5. Mowing conditions

7. Fireman D

Fireman D LawnSite Member

I have a 48" Bob-Cat wb, it does an excellent job striping. I added a rubber flap to the back of it this past fall and it enhanced the stripes even more.

8. LakeSide Lawn and Landscape

LakeSide Lawn and Landscape LawnSite Senior Member

There are many good opnoins on here but my dealer who sells toro and bobcat swears by the striping that a bobcat can do.He says hands down the bobcat stripes better.I run bobcat mowers and have to agree.:D I asked for a striping kit for my Z and the parts guy said "you need a striping kit for a bobcat?????"In my oppinon that should be all the info you need

9. No chains, No roller, No help in striping....

SO BHB why did you put a flap on your SCAG if it striped so well?...

Ooops I forgot, you haven't cut growing green grass ever with it yet, so you don't know....

p back 2.jpg

10. mklawnman

mklawnman LawnSite Senior Member

Scag WB's stripe very well. I have a 52inch fixed deck with no stripe kit and it lays a beautiful stripe.
    BHB just wanted to "enhance" the striping on his Scag even more :D
    Matt