1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

What we have been doing in off time

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Meg-Mo, Dec 26, 2005.

1. Meg-Mo

Meg-Mo Inactive

This is what we have been doing in our off time. We do snow plowing and this goes where our larger equipment can't. We sure been having fun. This has a 59" width and is on a 60" mower deck 28 cat diesel.

snow blower on diesel.jpg

side snow blower diesel.jpg

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

nice idea...............
  3. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Probably fine for flat areas. What do you do on hills though?
  4. Meg-Mo

Meg-Mo Inactive

We put some weights on back and with out chains it has had no problems at all.
  5. pjslawncare/landscap

pjslawncare/landscap LawnSite Bronze Member

How fast is it?
  6. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

Action shots please.
  7. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Needs a CAB!!! lol!

Isn't that a "bad boy" mower? I thought I read a rumor that they had gone, or were going under?

I really wanted a blower for a new Dixon this winter but the maker of them has just begun production of them! Should be out in june or july... How stupid!

I think A blower, or even a blade, on a ZTR mower is really cool. So much easier to get into any area with something that can move in almost any direction. Perfect for driveways and sidewalks!
  8. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

yes, I would like some action shots. Before and after pics
  9. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

I dont do snow removal, but had thought if I ever got into that buisness that a blower would be better on residential drives. With a blade you have to push the snow straight ahead more or less and I would think you would have some shovel work. Witht he blower I would think that you could discharge the snow left or right and when you got the house there wouldnt be a pile of snow left like with a blade.
  10. Meg-Mo

Meg-Mo Inactive

We will get action pictures when we get some more snow.... Bad Boy is not going under they are growing.