what website for weather?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by BODIDDLY, Mar 23, 2006.

1. BODIDDLY

BODIDDLY LawnSite Member

what website do you use for finding a weather forcast?i use intellicast and weather underground.just thought i would ask to see what yall use.thanks

2. lawncare18

lawncare18 LawnSite Senior Member

TRY THIS.. WWW.ACCU-WEATHER.COM.... HAVE A NICE 15 DAY RANGE FORCAST I USE OFTEN... AND RADAR IS EVEN BETTER..

3. JTF40

JTF40 LawnSite Senior Member

Aside from the fact that I very much enjoy riding my ZD21 as a hobby, tracking weather is my next-in-line favorite thing to do. I have found that accuweather.com is by far the most accurate forecasting machine on the 'net. Several times this year, here in Tennessee, my local weather forecasters and NOAA weather radio "predicted" measurable snowfall. However, accuweather was right 100% of the time. We never received over an inch either time.

By the way, fishing and spending time with my family rank ABOVE any hobby known to mankind. :usflag:

4. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

5. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

www.weather.com is a alright, but I find www.weatherunderground.com to ba more accurate, especially that they give an actual accumulation estimate for snow, too. They have a timeline of hours just like the weatherocom one does. The one thing about the www.weather.com , is that it has about the best doppler map there is. They have it to where you can zoom it and go further out, and have it in motion. This eally helps in knowing exactly what direction things are going. The NOAA site that was given earlier in this thread id simply awesome, as well. It is the real deal, as it is the actual National Weather Service.

6. LwnmwrMan22

My local national weather service radar, the one that I provided the link for...

the radar is set up now so you can click on it and zoom right down to street level if you'd like.

They don't show actual streets, but I give them about 5 - 6 months, since most of the news shows here have it set up that way...

7. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I use ham weather (usually retrieves data from your local airport),

Professional weather advisory and data service:
    http://hamweather.net/

8. Del9175

Del9175 LawnSite Senior Member

Currently I have just been looking out the window. I think I'll check out some of those links though. Might beat my old system. :laugh:

9. LwnmwrMan22

Also, I use MyCast 5.0 on the cell phone.

It has current radars and hourly forecasts, from the NWS, so when I'm plowing or mowing, I know if the weather is going to change, is changing or has changed.

It's nice to know where the rain is, because 10 miles down the road it might / might not be raining, so you can change yards on the fly.

10. Ol'time Lawncare

Ol'time Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ