What weeds are you seeing a lot of this season?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by DA Quality Lawn & YS, Jul 3, 2013.

1. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Considering all the rainfall this season here, plenty of variety on the smorgasboard.

I have been seeing quite a bit of nutsedge and yellow woodsorrel in particular.
    Crabgrass breaking though along drives on some properties.

2. kbrashears

kbrashears LawnSite Senior Member

Worst year I've ever had post spring blanket spray. We had a really wet and cold spring and a one wait for green up. We were three to four weeks behind normal growth schedule.

3. lawn king

lawn king LawnSite Silver Member

weed pressure here in taxachusetts has been very low so far. We are into our second heat wave now and we have had a $hitload of rain. The next 8 weeks should be interesting to say the least! Keeping my fingers crossed that my dimension can hang in there!

4. fireman gus

fireman gus LawnSite Senior Member

Lots of grassy weeds, and nut grass. Also lots of spurge.

5. ted putnam

ted putnam LawnSite Platinum Member

Ditto on yours and Kbrashears post

6. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

Lots of crabgrass, and goosegrass, and mostly due to the HO's mowing short to keep uo with the exponential grow of their lawn.

Then, the plantains are taking hold this year along with the wild violets. Last year, with everything, they were non-existent.

Sedges have been an issue around here for the last 5 years or so. So it's not any different on that end.

7. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Ya I need to throw spurge in there as well.

8. ReddensLawnCare

ReddensLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

Not much spurge on my lawns but the sedges have been bad. Nothing compared to the brown patch tho
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. jbturf

jbturf LawnSite Bronze Member

was just noticing driving around today, there is a huge surge of crab and nutsedge in turf all over, 10+ inches of rain here in june-- just a bit unusual

10. Cadzilla

Cadzilla LawnSite Senior Member

Honestly I am seeing more oxalis than usual. Better than the spurge and purslane I am used to seeing this time of year and crabgrass isn't a big issue.