What Were They Thinking? Gallery

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by WalkGood, Jul 24, 2007.

1. WalkGood

WalkGood LawnSite Bronze Member

Pics for the "What Were They Thinking?" Gallery

Here's an interesting combo of poly, PVC (with no visible glue) and a non-galv steel adapter.

No Glue n Fe.jpg

2. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

I don't have a picture, but one of my techs fixed a leak the other day where 1" poly went to 3/4" poly, using a 3/4" coupler, black caulking in the 1" side, radiator clamps, and electrical tape.

3. WalkGood

A specimin from the Minimalists Movement, Two zone valves, no controller. And a hose-bibb to poly line. All manually operated.

Manual Manifold 01.jpg

4. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

That reminds me - same tech went to a house last week where they can't find the controller. Probably behind drywall in the basement. The client bought the house that way. Would my 521 damage the controller if I hook it into the manifold wires and trace back to the controller? Ever trace through siding and drywall anyone?

5. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

I also like how neatly the cable TV wire is attached to the house.

6. WalkGood

Can you at least see the wires enter the foundation/house? Gives you a general idea where to look.

You could play it safe and shut off the electric to the house at the panel main and trace the wires with your 521.

7. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

You could do either..I would think the 521 would find field wires easy from
    the manifold.....Don't tell me the clock's on?:dizzy:

8. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Another Suffock U graduate.

9. WalkGood

Bbbzzzzzztttttttt! Wahp wahhhhhhh! Oh, bad answer. We were looking for something funny and original. But thanks for playing!

You've got to do better than those lame Suffock lines. Tsk Tsk. Next you'll just stomp your feet and say "oh yeah"?

10. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Hey, take it up with your water non-authority. They're the clowns that are selling you down the septic pipe, if you believe what some as-yet-unnamed persons of possible-authority are telling you.