What Were they Thinking ?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Fareway Lawncare, May 24, 2005.

1. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

Every Year Brings a New Batch of Scrubs...Here's a list of The Worst Set-Ups for 2005 so far....All Subdivision or City Lots.

-Guy Running a Battery Powered Mower...Calls Himself...."Enviro Cuts"...Talked to Him and he Carries eXtra Batteries...Saw him in the Morning on a 2k Lot w/Heavy Spring Growth...Drove by 3 hrs Later and he Was Still trying to Plow Through the Thick Turf in the Front Yard !

-2 New LCO's w/Shiny New Walker GHS Units Blowing Clippings out the Hopper because City Won't Collect Bagged Grass Anymore.

-1 Guy w/a Yard Man Lawn Tractor in his Truck Bed Trying to Cut 2-4k sq. ft Lots....He Must have Gone to Home Depot and Thought "I'm Going to Buy the Biggest and Bestest Mower Here !".

-One Guy pulling a Trailer w/a Ford Taurus...Some kind of Broken Down Unidentifiable 21",Curved Shaft Trimmer and a Push Broom ...I Kid you Not.

So far the GHS guys get My Vote for Buying an eXpensive Bagging Unit w/no Means to Get Rid of the Grass...

Stay Tuned for neXt Weeks Bumper Crop.

2. HighGrass

HighGrass LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Z5 MA

Sure must be nice to have that kind of time to take notes on everyone else this... :waving:

3. pasto_guy

pasto_guy LawnSite Member
    from VA

everyone has to start somewhere

4. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

I saw an El Camino pulling a crapsman with a sign the said "grass cut cheap (###) ### ####"

5. Todd's lawncare

Todd's lawncare LawnSite Senior Member
    from P.A

A guy with only a seconed hand weed eater in a trunk of a chevy car cutting

6. pagefault

pagefault LawnSite Senior Member

7. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

One Guy Rides Around the Neighborhood's w/the Big Toro, Ringing a Bell...Charges $15 to Drop the Wings and Cut Front Yards Only...Doesn't Trim...Doesn't Blow...Doesn't Do Back Yards...Won't Take any Yard Where Obsticles Impede his Deck Width...

bigtoro.jpg

8. pagefault

pagefault LawnSite Senior Member

Awesome!

I don't know about the financial side, but from a marketing standpoint I love it. It's like the ice cream man, but for adults.

I can just see guys hopping up and down, pulling on their wives' sleeves, begging "Pleeeeeeeeeease dear? Pleeeeeeeeease can I get the lawn mowed?"

9. SWD

SWD LawnSite Senior Member

You forgot to add the one about some scrub taking a walk behind down some steps.....

10. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

A HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ROLMAO :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I remember that story.