1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

What were you Hardscapers doing 10 yrs ago on 9/11?

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by DVS Hardscaper, Sep 9, 2011.

1. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

We were making a small patio. I was driving to pick up materials and I heard about the 1st plane hitting the tower on the radio while I was driving.

For about 7 days the phone did not ring for new work. Everyone was glued to their TVs and not thinking about getting work done.

2. JoeyDipetro

JoeyDipetro LawnSite Member
    from CA

Wow, seven whole days without the phone ringing. Thanks for having the courage to share your story.
  3. scagrider22

scagrider22 LawnSite Bronze Member

*newusflag* I was home for some reason that morning watching the news with my dad after the first plane hit, I watched the second plane hit on live tv. I also remember watching people jump from the buildings. 9/11 makes me angry, I still don't feel we've done enough to punish those who attacked us. Our country needs to remember what our flag stands for, we need to stop worrying about being politically correct or hurting peoples feeling! We need to make an example of these people and walk away, none of this 10 years of hand outs bs trying to help rebuild there corrupt government, they don't want to change. The only thing they will understand is death! This country has gone soft, people have forgot what we stand for, I hope it never happens but if things keep up this way we will have a civil war II. And if your a liberal you can burn in hell right next to Osama and his cousin Obama! :realmad:
  4. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

About what we expected from you, Joseph. Based on the level of many of your needless comments I have a confident feeling you were too young to understand. They just finished saying on the radio that they think that people living on the west coast do not view 9/11 the same way as the People on the east coast. As they as less likely to know any responders, victims, or family of victims. A good bit of our clients work at the Pentagon.
    Posted via an addicting Device
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2011
  5. scagrider22

scagrider22 LawnSite Bronze Member

Funny that you say that because I dont view people on the west coast as Americans. Instead of a civil war we should just give the west coast states to the liberals and dig a trench around it. Haha could you imagine how big of a disaster an all liberal government would be, who would pay for stuff with out the hard working repulicans handing over money? :laugh:
  6. TomG

TomG LawnSite Senior Member

I was in 8th grade Algebra class. I remember it like it was yesterday. The assistant principal came in and announced to the class that a plane had crashed into the world trade center, and some kid said " what idiot crashed a small plane into a building that big" we were allowed to turn on the tv in the class room and we all realized it was no laughing matter. I saw the second plane hit and about 5 min later all the tv's were ordered to be turned off. I think the school finally realized that kids parents could have been in the building or on the planes.
  7. TomG

TomG LawnSite Senior Member

8. Glenn Lawn Care

Glenn Lawn Care LawnSite Silver Member

I was in 9th grade German class.
  9. Bru75

Bru75 LawnSite Senior Member

I was on vacation in Las Vegas. With the time difference plus sleeping late the whole thing had happened before I was even awake.
    I remember it being a lot to take in first thing in the morning.
    Vegas was really quiet, all shows cancelled and a lot of things closed. Probably the calmest that city has ever been.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  10. Dr.NewEarth

Dr.NewEarth LawnSite Bronze Member

I had a quiet morning planned...and was to eventually work the day in the home office.

So, I was having a late breakfast in front of the T.V. and I sat and watched the whole thing live until just after the second plane crashed into the other tower.