1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

What will Dylox 6.2 Kill?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by HydroRI, Sep 19, 2006.

1. HydroRI

HydroRI LawnSite Member

What else besides what is labeled will Dylox kill? Ants, spiders, earth worms everything? I have a lawn with ant mounds and history of grubs. Do I need to apply Talstar also to kill the ants or will the Dylox take care of them?
  2. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Dylox will only kill subsurface. It will not kill surface insects.
  3. SodKing

SodKing LawnSite Bronze Member

It would also be illegal to apply off label.
  4. olive123

olive123 LawnSite Senior Member

its labeled for grubs and sod webworms
  5. SodKing

Carbaryl is labeled for ants
  6. ProMo

ProMo LawnSite Bronze Member

bayers 24hr grub killer which contains 6.2% dylox is labeled for ants chinch bugs etc.
  7. JWTurfguy

JWTurfguy LawnSite Senior Member

Use Sevin (carbaryl). It's labeled for everything you're going after and doesn't cost too much, either. You'll need to go with the high rate if you want to attack chinch, though. Just make sure that these lawns actually have chinch before you waste too much product.
  8. upidstay

upidstay LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

Interesting about the Bayer homeowner version being labeled for everything, but the proffessional version, same strength, is labeled for grubs and SWW only. Not surprised, just a little PO'd that homies have access to one of the nastier chemicals out there and will now be using it for everything under the sun. And I can lose my license and get fined major $$ for using it off label. Go figure.
    But it will kill just about any bug out there. Used the 80WP for grubs on one customers yard a number of years ago, and it took care of their ant problem too.
  9. SodKing

I was thinking the same thing....last label I read for Dylox limited the insects to grubs and SWW...