What will kill weed areas for a long time ?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by REALSLOW, Jul 9, 2006.

1. REALSLOW

REALSLOW LawnSite Senior Member
    from FLORIDA

I use roundup but I want something that kills for a long while along back areas and fences. I used to use permital but I believe it has been pulled ?

What else is good and ecologically safe. Thanks!

2. LawnTamer

LawnTamer LawnSite Gold Member

Mix a pre-emergent with your round-up, or apply snapshot after you use the round up, Snapshot is a great product, it contains treflan and galleria. I usually get 6-8 months control when I use it at the higher rate.

If you like Pramitol, you may want to look around, some vendors around hee still have it.

3. Team-Green L&L

Team-Green L&L LawnSite Bronze Member

Triox works for us.

4. Let-it-mow!

Let-it-mow! LawnSite Member

primatol or spike kills everything for up to 5 years. Leaves the ground completely bare.

I like Surflan because it only prevents seed germination which means you can spray it to prevent weeds but it won't hurt anything that's growing there now. Shrubs, trees, even a garden won't be hurt but no weeds will crop up later. Can work up to one year.

5. Team-Green L&L

Team-Green L&L LawnSite Bronze Member

Can we use Surflan or Primatol to cure a weed infestation of a rock area that is on a drainage creek spilling onto a golf course near the neighborhood?

6. southernsprayguy

southernsprayguy LawnSite Member

Use Saharaby BASF. You can get it from a Prosource One distributor.

7. nbizati

nbizati LawnSite Member

I use a product with bromicil & 2, 4-D*newusflag*

8. hmartin

hmartin LawnSite Senior Member

9. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

HomeDepot sells a Round-up product that apparently has pre-m in it. It is expensive and can be identified by different packaging from the normal Round-up. I haven't tried it but was looking at it today.

10. DLS1

DLS1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Is their anything that you can mix with these products that will turn the weeds to dust after the orignal product kills it. For my gravel driveway so it doesn't look like a bunch of dead grass/weeds laying on rock.