What Will Remove Fluid Film...

Discussion in 'Eureka Fluid Film' started by FordManKubotaDreamer, Sep 11, 2006.

1. FordManKubotaDreamer

FordManKubotaDreamer LawnSite Member

The title says it all. I sprayed it on metal and I want to know what is the best way to get it off...Thanks...:)

2. Dano50

Dano50 LawnSite Bronze Member

You could use a good biodegradable cleaner, mild solvent or pressure wash. All will remove Fluid Film when desired.

Remember, Fluid Film is safe to be used on paint, plastic and rubber, although some swelling could occur with 100% natural rubber. It will bring back an old oxidized paint job, but if you wanted to paint over a surface coated with Fluid Film you will have to clean it off first.
    Keep the questions coming. I'll answer anything you want to know (about Fluid Film that is. I'm not a pyschic or anything). :D

3. Brendan Smith

Brendan Smith LawnSite Bronze Member

how much wood could a woodchuck chuck if the wood was coated with fluid film?

i sprayed some on my deck the other day while i had it off to replace 2 spindles, that worn out beast hasn't discharged that well since it was new. even with some REALLY raggedy blades.

4. Dano50

That's one for the lab to answer. I just ordered a woodchuck and coated some wood with Fluid Film. Test results in three to four weeks...:laugh:

THAT is what we like to hear. It's that type of information that allows us to tout the superior qualities of the product and not feel like snake-oil salesman.

Sometimes people will look at you a little funny when you start listing all the amazing qualities and applications of the product. I'm never sure if it's because they don't believe me or because they think I just look funny. :dizzy:

5. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

What will it do to cool season grass in very high heat conditions???

Thanks John

6. Dano50

:confused:

I don't get it.

7. John Gamba

from ct

Wont your fluid get on the lawn when the cut grass leaves the deck??

8. Dano50

The amount that will leave the deck will be minimal, and while I know it won't burn or harm the grass I don't know about cooling it. I have never heard that one before.

9. John Gamba

from ct

SORRY---- we have cool season grass where i am, bluegrass, fescue and the like.

John

10. Dano50

Okay, now I get it. Just had to beat me over the head a little. :hammerhead: