What will you do on the 4th?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by YellowDogSVC, Jul 3, 2008.

1. YellowDogSVC

YellowDogSVC LawnSite Gold Member
    from TX

Just curious what the rest of you from the :usflag: will be doing on the 4th? Myself, I've been on an unplanned vacation and had a funeral today for a relative so I didn't plan anything spectacular.
    With no machine to work on my own land this weekend like I do on most vacations, I'm trying to find something to do with my time that involves my family and doesn't involve firing up the chipper (which I still have but don't like to use when it's hot).

Fireworks are mostly banned around here due to the drought. BBQ sounds good but we do that all the time anyway. Lake here sucks for fishing but would be nice to swim in. It would be nice if equipment showrooms were open on holidays!

Anyone doing anything special?
    What do the :canadaflag: do who are close to the border? Enjoy the fireworks on the other side and take a day off too?

2. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

goin to work for my landscaper buddy putting in irragation on a yard... in this miserable freakn HEAT!!:cry:

but our neighbor is havin a party and my dads harley club friends and our neighbors harley club is comin over to so:clapping:
    and that means lots of cute DAUGHTERS!!!:clapping::clapping::clapping:

3. Stillwater

Stillwater LawnSite Platinum Member

I plan on doing absolutely nothing

4. kreft

kreft LawnSite Bronze Member

Vacationing in VA.

5. DiyDave

DiyDave LawnSite Bronze Member

Not getting caught!:drinkup:

6. J. Peterson Grading

J. Peterson Grading LawnSite Senior Member
    from IA

Avoiding my other half....

7. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

DITTO! Nothing I don't have to.

8. crab

crab LawnSite Senior Member

i will do the all American thing,have dinner with my gay in laws,get drunk and piss my wife off ,what could be better?:usflag::laugh::drinkup:

9. Digdeep

Digdeep LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm going to change the 3 blades on my Davco 504 and go muskie fishing with one of my buddies while drinking a few cool ones.

10. Mulchin Larry

Mulchin Larry LawnSite Member
    from georgia

Loading up the boat and the girl and headed to the beach to do some fishing and exploring.