what will you miss most about winter?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobbygedd, Mar 1, 2004.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

it's almost crunch time. in fact i actually did some manual labor today. in 2-3 more weeks we will be in full swing. what will you miss most, if anything, about winter vacation? for me, this winter was the first time in my life i actually did nothing. this is what i'll miss: sleeping till 9 am. taking my afternoon nap at 1 pm. cracking a beer at 3 pm. not showering for 2,3,4 days at a time. the way i look in the mirror after pumping iron for 2-3 hrs. time with my kids and wife. so, what will you miss the most?

2. MudslinginFX4

MudslinginFX4 LawnSite Bronze Member

Hmm.. I'm not going to miss winter at all, but if their were one thing I'd have to say taking vacations (since it's the only time of year I can do it) and also getting better grades in school since I can study more and I'm not working as much. My school schedule isn't all that bad becuase I only go 2 partial days a week but when I'm working I don't have time to study.

3. Lawn Dog2001

Lawn Dog2001 LawnSite Bronze Member

Nothing. Maybe the holidays, but besides that nothing.

4. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

I know the thing I will miss most is the stress free lifestyle of the winter. No rude customers to deal with....no outlandish deadlines to constantly meet...... no employee problems to deal with....and of course sleeping till 11 every day. I am ready for cash to start flowing again though!

5. troblandscape

troblandscape Guest

About September is about when I start wanting the winter too come............ right now I am ready to go!!!!

6. DJL

DJL LawnSite Member

the snow covering all of my neighbors junk in his yard. Now, with the snow melted I have to see it everytime I pull into the driveway.

7. myoder

myoder LawnSite Member

I'm going to miss the snow plowing... its fun fun fun!!!

8. TheKingNJ

TheKingNJ LawnSite Senior Member

SNOWBOARDING!! nothing to do. sleep all day, drink all night.

and most importantly, SNOWPLOWING and the money that comes with it.

9. Lawn Dog2001

Lawn Dog2001 LawnSite Bronze Member

I changed my mind. I will miss everything Evan just said.

10. General Grounds

General Grounds LawnSite Senior Member

:blob3: evan, hit the nail on the head. tony