What with the wheels?

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by Mickhippy, Apr 5, 2005.

1. Mickhippy

Mickhippy LawnSite Platinum Member

Pj, Was looking at brochure tonight and spotted that the wheels are different to what I had a demo of. Check the pick!

I realize that the 52" deck has the shallow bowl (if thats the right word?) but why is it on a 60"?

Can you see what I mean. The larger pic was from a demo I had, a 28/60, the small pic is from Hustler site!

Is there a conspiracy or have you lot changed the wheels on the Super 60.
    If there the wrong wheels on the demo I had, would explain the groves put into my hill!

Attached Files:

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

No conspiracy.
    The picture on the website that you posted is of a 72" unit, the rim "dish" (offset) is different on 72" units (wider stance).

Pj

3. Mickhippy

Mickhippy LawnSite Platinum Member

Ok, thanks mate!

Brings me back to my demo, while driving across my slope the lower side of the deck would grove the lawn. I suppose gravity is making the deck sit lower on that side.
    Is there anything that can be done about this? If the gauge wheels could be made to go lower and keep the deck from sinking into the grass, might work! Might cause more problems?
    What do you think?

Also, a guy here has been mentioning "Depth Wheels" for under the back of the deck.
    For the life of me I cant work out where they go or what they do. I know we cut grass at some very low levels but why would a deck grove at the back.

Hope all/some of that made sense. Its morning here and brain hasn't warmed up! ;)

4. joallen001

joallen001 LawnSite Member
    from TN

i like the deep dish wheel better wish i had those on my 60"

5. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

Kinda hard to explain, and I dont have a picture to post....
    We have began lasering holes behind the center rear baffle (in a weldment) for you to bolt in 2 more guage wheels if needed, this will help with deck scalping in low cutting heights.

Pj

6. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

You can put the 72" rims on your unit, but you will loose your trim capabilities on the left side of the deck.
    Let me know, I can give you the parts #'s if you want.

Pj