What work boots are best for lawncare?

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by randyhutch, Jan 7, 2010.

1. randyhutch

randyhutch LawnSite Member

Looking to buy a new pair of work boots, just seeing what brand and model everyone prefers for this industry?

Danner
    Wolverine
    Red Wing
    Rocky
    Timberland Pro
    Cabelas
    Carhartt
    Chippewa
    Justin
    LaCrosse
    Georgia
    Irish Setter
    Worx

Last edited: Jan 7, 2010
  2. Premier landscaping south

Premier landscaping south LawnSite Senior Member

"Georgia Boot" best I have worn. Well worth the coin.

3. rreyn1812

rreyn1812 LawnSite Senior Member

I second the Georgia Boot vote!!! Everyone's feet are different, but for mine I have found the Georgia's to be one of the best. Not cheap, but solid, and you get what you pay for! :):)

4. Hoy landscaping

Hoy landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

wal mart $45 steel toe work boots. i always get them on sale so there like 20 bucks! they hold up really well for the price. im running mine on 2 years

5. lawnprosteveo

lawnprosteveo LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

Ive tried Danner, Wolverine, Rockies, Timberland Pro, Timberland (old school style), and Merrill. Danner was the most comfortable but really expensive. Timberland (not Pro) was the best bang for the buck in my opinion. If you can part with the cash, give Danner a try. Lotsa guys wear Redwings...I may try them next time.

6. willretire@40

willretire@40 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from VA

7. Mike Blevins

Mike Blevins LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't wear boots, I wear addidas running shoes. I buy them before the mowing season and throw them away after.

8. nicholsmowingservice

nicholsmowingservice LawnSite Member

I ran Georgia boots for several years, loved them. I got a pair of schmits last year and love them too. Red wings are nice, but for a rip off of a price...

9. nicholsmowingservice

nicholsmowingservice LawnSite Member

I forgot to mention i always get the slip on kind too, no laces... Keeps the grass and dirt away from your foot and socks. Obviously you cant wear them with shorts but i wear pants every day.

10. Tyler's Lawn Maintenance

Tyler's Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Senior Member

Justin slide-on work boots are by far the most comfortable I have ever worn. I have tried Rockys a few years ago, and Timberlands for the last couple of years up until this year. I love my Justins. Just slide 'em on and go. No laces.