What work boots are best for lawncare?

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by randyhutch, Jan 7, 2010.

1. nicholsmowingservice

nicholsmowingservice LawnSite Member

Right on, no laces is the way to go..

2. Greg78

Greg78 LawnSite Silver Member

I do the same. Used Reebok one year, last year used Adidas, and this year I used New Balance. I like the New Balance the best so far, this pair still looks and feel okay they might make it another year.

3. clean_cut

clean_cut LawnSite Bronze Member

Do you still feel safe enough with out the protection of the boot, especially while trimming, and other possibly dangerous things?

4. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

i used to use expensive boots including the lawngrips. they never alsted any longer or were better than the cheapos i now get at wally world.

dont get me wrong, i am not all cheap, jsut for mowing etc where the going gets tough i have seen no differnece so i thought i would save money

5. LewisLawn

LewisLawn LawnSite Senior Member

i have used timberland pro my favorite until i started digging around a flower bed with them and wore the sole off in 15 minutes, they protected my feet well and cleaned up easily...I have had carolina steel toe and redwing w/out steel toe basically same boot(appearance) have had both for 15 years wear them daily they haven't missed a beat...if you looked at them today you would think they were only a couple months old. I can't do the walmart thing those boots are to wide....I looked at ordering a pair of wesco boots can't justify the price....I also owned a pair of Rocky boots, not for mowing interior of the boot broke down in just a few weeks

6. Glenn Lawn Care

Glenn Lawn Care LawnSite Silver Member

red wing steel toe. a little pricey but well worth it. i just bought a new pair yesterday, they were on sale!:walking:

7. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Vasque. They are made by redwing. They are more of a hiking boot than a traditional work boot but they are lightweight, waterproof, and yet breathe so your feet don't melt in the heat. I bought a pair last spring after throwing hundreds of dollars away on several pair of boots that I just couldn't wear without my feel just killing me after a few hours. I could wear the Vasque boots from 7 am till 11 pm and not think twice about it. I could walk all day behind a mower or trimming and my feet felt fine.

here they are: http://www.vasque.com/vasque-shoe/7462-vasque/7462-vasque-mens-breeze-gtx-brown

They were recommnded to me by another LS member (valk) who wears them too.

8. PLS-Tx

PLS-Tx LawnSite Silver Member
    from Texas

Redwings, very nice.

I wore Wolverines for several years and I liked them, then I got a pair of Redwings, I like like them much better.

I have tried on a pair of Danners, very comfy. I may get a pair, I'm still choking on the price $169.

9. cmlandscapeconstruction

cmlandscapeconstruction LawnSite Member

10. PLS-Tx

PLS-Tx LawnSite Silver Member
    from Texas

What's that?