What work boots are best for lawncare?

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by randyhutch, Jan 7, 2010.

1. NorthTXlawnguy

NorthTXlawnguy LawnSite Member

I have worn many: Danner, Wolverine, Timberland and Timberland pro, even some Doc Martens, but my favorites are my slip on Red Wings (American made version $$ but worth it).
    As has been said, whatever fits you and feels best is what to go with after you try a few and figure it out. I also wear cross trainiers sometimes in the summer heat when I wear shorts.

2. MowinginEureka

MowinginEureka LawnSite Member

Wolverine Compressor™ Waterproof Insulated 8" Boot
    Item #W02085

I have had three pairs, love em, last a year to a year and a half walking constantly.

3. mowerdude777

mowerdude777 LawnSite Silver Member

Just got a new pair Dickies jobmasters I love them they are a lot nicer then hermans

4. tigerfan88

tigerfan88 LawnSite Member
    from SC

the stihl boots mentioned are probably the lawngrips that some stihl dealers sell. not sure who makes them, but i bought a pair last fall and really like them.

5. joef450snowplow

joef450snowplow LawnSite Senior Member

tims pro suck if the get banged up cuz then the waterproofing wears off i like redwing loggers best boot i ever got but i still like my tims for in the spring and summer

6. blakerugg

blakerugg LawnSite Senior Member

i have redwings for winter and summer i have some AMAZING GI marine corps boots....the real deal, not something from a surplus store. what the men and women overseas are wearing...and theyre vented and extremely comfortable and durable and can be re-soled.

7. Kennedy Landscaping

Kennedy Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

In the summer I wear the Brahma steel toed boots, been wearing those for the last four years probably and replace them each season.

For the winter I wear Muck, they come up almost to my knees and I have a set of Yaktrax (http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/t...610106&cm_ite=0060219831137a&_requestid=47729) on them for doing snow. Just like walking on dry pavement. I really like the Muck boots for the winter because they keep my feet really warm.

8. rywnygc

rywnygc LawnSite Senior Member

When doing rough jobs I prefer my gov't issue intermediate/cold weather desert boots (Yeah I earned mine! Hawijah, Kirkuk province, Iraq) but when just doing normal maint. I like my merrell hiking boots. They are comfy and light weight. I get them at gander mountain.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2010
  9. clydebusa

clydebusa LawnSite Bronze Member

10. Mike's LawnCare Landscape

Mike's LawnCare Landscape LawnSite Senior Member

I'm trying out a pair of Red Wings now and so far like them.