What work boots are best for lawncare?

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by randyhutch, Jan 7, 2010.

1. lonestarniner

lonestarniner LawnSite Member

Which style of Georgia boots? I looked at some today at Dicks Sporting Goods (Georgia Riverdale Waterproof Wellington Work Boot)

2. s&slawn

s&slawn LawnSite Member

I wear Irish setter elk trackers and love them.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. macgyver_GA

macgyver_GA LawnSite Senior Member

I wear Columbia hiking boots. I prefer them much better than work boots. I tried the work boot thing, too heavy. My knees were killing me by the end of the day. Switched to hikers and haven't gone back.

4. Valk

Valk LawnSite Silver Member

Operating a walk behind means you're not really seeing where you're stepping due to the mower covering up several feet in front of you. So, good lateral support and supreme traction coupled with ventilation & Goretex mean the most to me and my dogs. Full leather boots don't cut it...too hot. Give me some waterproof ventilated hikers and a good pair of socks. Pain-free feet at the end of the day AND the next morning is priceless.

5. Blades Lawn Maintenance

Blades Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Baton Rouge, La

I have Georgia boots. They are good. I've heard Justin's were really nice.

6. Valk

Valk LawnSite Silver Member

Ventilated hikers w/ Goretex.

I bought a pair of ventilated hikers that were waterproof, but not made w/ Goretex. They are too dang hot to wear working, or even doing any kind of strenuous outdoor activity.

When my feet get hot...I'm not happy...in fact I feel agitated.
    Cool and dry feet on a hot, sticky day means I can put a full workday in from a dewy morning to mowing in a mild rain.

7. WishforScagWildcat

WishforScagWildcat LawnSite Member
    from FL

I swear by walmart boots. They are steel toed, swat eddition I think bhramas?