What work boots do you use?

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by Porcupine Lawn and Snow, Mar 16, 2014.

?

Work boots?

1. Chippewa Boots

6 vote(s)
    5.1%
  2. Wolverine Boots

10 vote(s)
    8.5%
  3. Caterpillar Boots

7 vote(s)
    6.0%
  4. Stihl Lawngrips Boots

4 vote(s)
    3.4%
  5. Georgia Boots

4 vote(s)
    3.4%
  6. Red Wing Boots

30 vote(s)
    25.6%
  7. Other

61 vote(s)
    52.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Porcupine Lawn and Snow

Porcupine Lawn and Snow LawnSite Senior Member

What work boots/shoes do you use? For me, I use Wolverine boots and Stihl Lawngrips boots.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2014
  2. WenzelOSLLC

WenzelOSLLC LawnSite Senior Member

Redwing for me. I have two identical pairs, brown 8" ankle with safety toe except one has 40 mil or whatever of thinsulate for the winter. Pricey but they last.

3. PROPERTYLAWNSERVICELLC

PROPERTYLAWNSERVICELLC LawnSite Gold Member

Wolverine boots bought 2 pairs in the last 14 years

4. beano

beano LawnSite Senior Member

Rocky Ironclads

5. Tn2317

Tn2317 LawnSite Member

I've used about every kind of boot. Every single year I have to buy a new pair. I wear down the heal, seams come apart, inside wears out and sometimes all three. I've tried about every decent brand and have decided to just go for comfort. Any combat boot with the air sole and the zipper on the side works for me. Easy on, easy off and feel like sneakers. Been wearing boots since the military so I've gone through more than 30 pairs of boots. I've long since quit looking for a pair that lasts. I just buy for the comfort. Ridge and Mangum are the go to boots for me.

6. lawnsquadnc

lawnsquadnc LawnSite Member

Redwing all the way with the vibram sole. Have a pair of slip-ons and 6 inch lace up. They are by far the most comfortable and long lasting boots around.

:weightlifter:

7. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

8 inch Magnum side zippers. Extra cushy and dry out quick when wet. Plus they have enough strength and thickness to ward off a snakebite. A legit concern sown here.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. JCLawn and more

JCLawn and more LawnSite Fanatic
    from MI

9. Tn2317

Tn2317 LawnSite Member

Yep, I know what you mean, I lived in Tampa for 20 years. Biggest rattler I ever saw was on state road 52 up in Pasco.

10. alf500series

alf500series LawnSite Senior Member

I've got 2 different ones I wear. For landscaping I've got Under Armour. Most comfortable pair I've ever worn. For the FD I wear HAIX. I will say they have outlasted any other boot I have ever owned. Not the most comfortable but last forever
    Posted via Mobile Device