What work boots do you use?

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by Porcupine Lawn and Snow, Mar 16, 2014.

?

Work boots?

1. Chippewa Boots

6 vote(s)
    5.1%
  2. Wolverine Boots

10 vote(s)
    8.5%
  3. Caterpillar Boots

7 vote(s)
    6.0%
  4. Stihl Lawngrips Boots

4 vote(s)
    3.4%
  5. Georgia Boots

4 vote(s)
    3.4%
  6. Red Wing Boots

30 vote(s)
    25.6%
  7. Other

61 vote(s)
    52.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Sunset LC

Sunset LC LawnSite Member

Just bought a pair of Danners - cordura - gore-tex. Will see how those last. Very lightweight & comfortable. 6 inch.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. The Don'z

The Don'z LawnSite Member

Brama Steel Toe (Walmart) I've always gotten good wear from these boots, and their inexpensive.

3. B-Mark

B-Mark LawnSite Member

Michelin brand Sledge boots are the absolute best boots I have ever had. The tread is auto tire tough and tough leather.

I have only used the non-waterproof version because I've not worn out the 6 pair of Michelin Sledge boots I've purchased since 2006 and am still on the 3rd pair.

I most recently came from working in the steel manufacturing industry, very hot/very cold, welding, sharp edges, used indoor/out, stomping with the arch, oil, mud, etc, so they have been through heavy abuse. I have even hiked in the mountains in them.

The steel plant was hard enough we had high turn-over on average of 1 guy/wk. Every other boot I owned lasted 6 months to 1 year at most.

The steel company allowed 6mos - 1yr boot allowances so I picked up 6 pair of Michelins 5 years and after 8.5yrs still have 3 pair to go and the landscape/yard care industry puts less wear on my boots.

There are 2 things I don't like about my model Michelins: 1: non-waterproof so I treat them. 2: Aggressive tread holds mud and dirt so I have to try not to track debris into homes.

Spring 2014 I picked up a waterproof Ariat boot with a smooth sole and it has been comfortable but the leather and sole is already wearing out and I have been switching back and forth with the Michelin so, I will not buy another Ariat but my next purchase WILL get a W.P. Michelin.

I'm 41 years old and have been wearing steel toe boots for about 19 years and have tried many boots.

4. Utah Lawn Care

Utah Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

I wear size 17. I wear whatever fits that's reasonably comfortable. I can walk into any foot locker and ask what they have in 17. They say they don't carry over 15. It's fun.

5. Stubbs

Stubbs LawnSite Member

Caterpillar Birmingham series here. I tried Red Wing and felt they were uncomfortable and ended up getting blistered. I always get two pairs on black Friday from Meijers for $100 cant beat it!

6. LandscapemanFL

LandscapemanFL LawnSite Member

American Made Thorogood Boots

7. ZLCLawnCare

ZLCLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

red wing....if you get them from the actual dealer they will recondition the leather once per month and will replace the strings all for free for the lifetime of the boot. I buy the lightweight hiking style steel toe. I had a the cap shift on my last pair and left a callous on my toe....took it into the dealer and he ordered me a new pair for free!

8. JMK26

JMK26 LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Missouri

Wolverine hiking boots.

9. Largebore

Largebore LawnSite Senior Member

Timberline Pros..

10. BTCT

BTCT LawnSite Member

Hmmm. Guess I am different I where rubber boots almost religiously.