1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

What worked best for you this past season?

Discussion in 'Seal Coating Forum' started by BIGBOY2008, Oct 10, 2008.

1. nitro121

nitro121 LawnSite Senior Member

Have you thought about one of those pump/air compressor units that are made for that (or for any type container)?

I thought about going that route. They are like 2 grand. Just another step to getting a fully equipped truck....or not if you don't need one. I guess that would give you a "commercial" rig set up.....just without a 300 gallon tank and dedicated truck.

Just wondering. Looking to get in the biz myself in the next couple summers and was looking at that set up.

Peace,
    Gary

2. puddin' pie

puddin' pie LawnSite Member

if you're going to work for x amount, then bid it at that. i don't change bids or come back with a better price. yes i like to use google for bid. i don't have a web site

3. BIGBOY2008

BIGBOY2008 LawnSite Member

For now im working out of barrels so ill get back later (im pressed for time) to post info on how ive set things up to do that.

4. SealCoatPlus

SealCoatPlus LawnSite Member

the best thing for me this year was lawn signs better then the phone book and the newspapers this was the cheepest thing 100 for $400 $4 a pic and get about 5 to 10 jobs off of each depends what kind of streen main or back but i would say get signs ( just know that your comp will steal them lol) i went through 300 of them