what works best fer ya???

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Mark B, Feb 4, 2003.

1. Mark B

Mark B LawnSite Bronze Member

What kind of trencher has worked best fer ya? I'm looking at the dingo vs the prowler? Any input would be grooooove. If there is any other trenchers that I have missed let me know. Pros and cons on both machines. Thanks
  2. turfman59

turfman59 LawnSite Senior Member

case mini sneaker or maxi sneaker, vermeer LM -35
  3. Rotor-Man

Rotor-Man LawnSite Member

Rebuilt a older Case Mini-Sneaker and it does a great job, it's small and nimble and turns on a dime. When I do a blue clay install I just rent a Maxi for the day and add it to the bill.
  4. PR0 TURF

PR0 TURF LawnSite Bronze Member

DitchWitch 255SX has served us well. No complaints...

5. dougaustreim

dougaustreim LawnSite Senior Member

I think most of the answers were vibratory plows, not trenchers. The 255 for sure is a plow

Austreim Landscaping
  6. Mark B

Mark B LawnSite Bronze Member

Well guys I have gone to the bank and I almost sure everthing will be ok. So more then likely I will end up with a Toro dingo 425x (demo),16' trailer (demo), and a bucket. I will rent a trencher from a good friend fer awhile cause the one I was priced is $5000.00 I think that is toooooooo much. So next question do ya lease or buy yer equipment? Thanks
  7. Wick

Wick LawnSite Member

I've had a kanga for the past several years and have absolutely no complaints with it. I replaced a full size skid steer and a ditch witch vibe plow with the kanga. The vibe plow attatchment pulls as good, in most circumstances, as the ditch witch. The trencher attatchment comes in handy for new construction and larger pipe sizes and is as good as a dedicated trencher. I think it was the most bang for the buck. Good luck.