what works best for hanging on doors? wha to pay to deliver?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by grass disaster, Mar 8, 2011.

1. ef200098

ef200098 LawnSite Member

I hope to see 2%. I would be happy with 1.5 though. Average home value is 200-250k. Most family incomes in these neighborhoods is 100k+.

Anything less than 1% is a problem with distribition. I told my guy this as well, so he knows the heat is on.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  2. grass disaster

grass disaster LawnSite Silver Member

i always thought a segway would be good for this.
  3. Houston Wyatt

Houston Wyatt LawnSite Member

Yeah that's the same target here. I, myself would be extremely happy with 1% - 1.5%. I'm just trying to fully book me and a helper to start with this year, no more. But good luck and keep us updated!
  4. TheBetterDoorhanger

TheBetterDoorhanger Sponsor

I noticed this posting about how to attach door hangers to screen doors as well as doors / knobs in general. We have a solution that not only keeps your advertisement on the door / screen door / etc. but also allows your customer the option to bring it inside & post it to the refrigerator so it will stay in view & top of mind when your customer is ready to make that crucial purchasing decision.

Our Band-It Stick-It door hangers are a cost effective way to keep the ad off the lawn & in your customers view. Our Band-It feature is specifically designed to easily & securely attach your advertisement to EVERY door. The Stick-It feature even allows them to bring your ad inside and hang it on the fridge like they would a magnet - but without the cost!

We have great start up specials on our innovative Door Hanger Band-It Stick-It® products and even offer free CUSTOM design services if you mention this forum post! (No hidden costs – talk to a live customer service rep – lots of Lawn & Landscaping designs to choose from as well)

5,000 only $349 - FREE UPS GROUND SHIPPING
    2,500 only $199 - FREE UPS GROUND SHIPPING
    1,000 only $99
    FULL COLOR PRINTING & GROUND UPS SHIPPING INCLUDED! - 4.25" x 11" - full color front, blank back, gloss cover stock
    ALSO 9"x6" FULL COLOR POST CARDS (with Stick-It) mailed & postage included as low as $0.26 each.
    SEARCH Lawnsite for Adeas Printing & see what other members are saying about us and our products. TELL CUSTOMER SERVICE YOU READ ABOUT US ON A LAWNSITE FORUM & RECEIVE FREE CUSTOM DESIGN!!

866 - 778-4254
  5. stang2244

stang2244 LawnSite Senior Member

I'm sure I'm going to get a lot of crap for this but.....try skates. I walked around passing door hangers out 2 years ago and could only get about 50 out per hour. Last year I dusted off the old skates and I could do about 110-120 per hour. Some may think this is ridiculous, but it gets the job done a whole lot faster. I found some younger people that new how to skate decent and it was much more efficient. That being said, it is still a logistics nightmare to organize the distribution of any significant amount of door hangers. After my current stock of door hangers is gone I will be switching to the postcard mailers. This way they are all sent out at once and you can do repeat mailings without too much hassle. The cost is a little more per piece but I believe it's worth avoiding the headache.

If I could find a company that would pass door hangers out for .07 cents each I would jump on it in a heartbeat.

As far as a return, I would be happy with a .5 or 1/2% return rate. I think you will find the 1 and 2% return to be few and far between.