what works best on a flyers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Sea Scapes, Feb 18, 2001.

1. Sea Scapes

Sea Scapes LawnSite Member

I live in hawaii, and am just starting out. I work on a golf course, I am in charge of keeping the greens healthy as well as the rest of the course. I apply all the herbacides, pesticides & fungacides as well as the fertalization program. I have my category 3 commercial restricted use pesticide liscence as well. I get done at noon so I have all afternoon to take care of properties. I plan to start off part time and see where it takes me. I am trying to target the high end customers (quite alot of them in Hawaii) who want full service. I plan to offer pre emergent & post emergent weed service as well as fertalizing, aeration ,verti cutting as well as weekly lawn care. My question is what do you say on your flyers that works well. I would appreciate seeing some flyers that have worked well for you, or just tell me how you word them as well as any other tips you would like to offer. I just found out about this forum and you guys are so helpfull. I wish you all continued success and thanks again for any tips you can offer a rookie.

2. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

In the renound marketing book "Guerrilla Marketing Handbook", they have a few really good recommendations regarding circulars and flyers. Here are a few good quotes from that part of the book;

"Remember, the primary importance of an attention getting headline."

"Describe your qualifications to provide the service. People need to know you are not just a fly-by-night operation."

"Use Testimonials. They are the most effective way to convince a prospect you are a reputable business."

"Make an offer - a discount, a coupon, a free estimate, or a free brochure. Induce the customer to give you a call."

One thing I might add to this is that I have found it very effective to list some general prices in our flyers. In our area it's easy to do because I really can charge almost the same price for every home. 80-90% of the yards around here are under 4000 sq. ft. So I can honestly tell people what we'd likely charge before I go and give a bid.

Here is a sample of one of the flyers we are using currently;

3. lawman

lawman LawnSite Member

Jim has hit the nail on the head. Bright paper, use terms that people under stand.
  4. lsylvain

lsylvain LawnSite Senior Member

Read "The Guerrilla Marketing Handbook" It is a very good book on marketing. It is the best I have found so far. Anyone else have any others?
  5. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel